Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: Greetings from Red and Taz

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 61

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Thanks all!

    I think Tazzy learning how to unzip my nut sack was more accident than design. Upon closer inspection of my nut sack I noticed what looked like a spot where Taz had started to chew my nut sack, right where the zipper was. The nut sack, when fully zipped still has a teensy, weensy, tiny, very small, hard to see "hole" where the zipper doesn't quite zip up. It looked like Taz poked her equally very small head into that even more small hole, and "voilŗ", zipper unzipped and nuts exposed. After that it was a nut fest frenzy, which, I'm embarrassed to say, took me a couple days to notice.

    Squirrels learn surprisingly fast.

    Squirrels can also be deceivingly sneaky.

    And congratulations to.....

    CritterMom

    For correctly identifying the use of "nut sack" a whopping 13 times! And crow about it you should! Finding all the nut sacks is actually harder than it sounds; I had to read through it four times to make sure I had the number right. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, for correctly identifying how many times I used the term "nut sack" in my post you have a choice of.......

    1. A $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

    OR

    2. A 2022 TSB Calendar


    I have only recently learned of the advantages of keeping ones nut sack in a mini fridge in the garage. But I agree, this nut sack storage epiphany may be the secret to world peace, or household harmony.

    And on to the bonus round!

    Mel, you're close in that the writing symbols do look like Japanese/Chinese characters...but unfortunately they're not, but don't give up!

    I'll throw out some hints:

    1. The symbols are not of any language, past or present, used here on earth.

    2. Get your gamer on.

    3. Ms Silly Heckled Terrors (it's an anagram of the answer).

    Good luck and have fun!!


    Good luck and have fun!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    8,403
    Thanked: 11276

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Ok, I got my next guess. Itís from Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. It was one of the statues that came with a special edition of the game.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    17,625
    Thanked: 7104

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz2020 View Post

    CritterMom

    For correctly identifying the use of "nut sack" a whopping 13 times! And crow about it you should! Finding all the nut sacks is actually harder than it sounds; I had to read through it four times to make sure I had the number right. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, for correctly identifying how many times I used the term "nut sack" in my post you have a choice of.......

    1. A $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

    OR

    2. A 2022 TSB Calendar


    I have only recently learned of the advantages of keeping ones nut sack in a mini fridge in the garage. But I agree, this nut sack storage epiphany may be the secret to world peace, or household harmony.
    Oh, hon, that isn't necessary - I really was joking. Mostly I wanted to use the term "nut sack" a few more times. I mean really, when you get a perfect opportunity to write "nut sack" like the nut sack opportunity you offered here, you really need to jump on said nut sack opportunity and USE the term "nut sack" one or two more times, amirite?

    If you insist, it should go to the TSB fund. Perhaps it should be a separate fund from the rest, sort of a special nut sack fund...

  4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

    Chirps (12-10-2021), island rehabber (12-09-2021)

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,727
    Thanked: 1184

    Thumbs up Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    8,403
    Thanked: 11276

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Curious to know if I guessed correctly for the dragon.

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 61

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Sorry for not getting back quickly Mel, I came home to unexpected chaos last night...I walked into our three year old grandson sitting on the kitchen counter surrounded by a blizzard of powdered sugar, helping my candy making other half make rum balls (which, thankfully he was not allowed to eat), while our daughter was making...something...with...well, I'm not sure, there was a lot of stuff all over the kitchen, and two little red squirrels zipping around the place with little white noses like crack infused terrors.

    And the moment you've been waiting for.....

    Congratulations to

    Mel


    For getting the bonus round correct!

    Yep, it's a statue of Alduin that came with the special edition release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (one of my all time favorite games, right next to Fall Out 3, 4 and New Vegas).

    And as I'm sure you've guessed, my dragon statues are one of Reds favorite nut hiding places. Unfortunately only my larger dragon statues are still on display, Red has taken the smaller ones and stashed them somewhere...I've only found one so far, sans a wing (still haven't found the wing). She has three more safely hidden somewhere, I think she moves them around when I'm not looking. Apparently Red is channeling her inner dragon mother.

    As the winner of the bonus round you get your choice of (insert exciting music here):

    1. $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

    OR

    2. A 2022 TSB Calendar


    A special thanks to everyone who participated!

  8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

    TubeDriver (12-10-2021)

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 61

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Oh, hon, that isn't necessary - I really was joking. Mostly I wanted to use the term "nut sack" a few more times. I mean really, when you get a perfect opportunity to write "nut sack" like the nut sack opportunity you offered here, you really need to jump on said nut sack opportunity and USE the term "nut sack" one or two more times, amirite?

    If you insist, it should go to the TSB fund. Perhaps it should be a separate fund from the rest, sort of a special nut sack fund...
    You are correct! It's not often one has such a perfect opportunity to use nut sack multiple times in a sentence, not to mention paragraphs full of nut sacks!

    Does TSB have a special nut sack fund? Hmmm... does TSB's fund have an official name? I mean, I'd be open to naming TSB's fund "The Nut Sack" fund....just throwing that out there....

  10. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    8,403
    Thanked: 11276

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz2020 View Post
    Sorry for not getting back quickly Mel, I came home to unexpected chaos last night...I walked into our three year old grandson sitting on the kitchen counter surrounded by a blizzard of powdered sugar, helping my candy making other half make rum balls (which, thankfully he was not allowed to eat), while our daughter was making...something...with...well, I'm not sure, there was a lot of stuff all over the kitchen, and two little red squirrels zipping around the place with little white noses like crack infused terrors.

    And the moment you've been waiting for.....

    Congratulations to

    Mel


    For getting the bonus round correct!

    Yep, it's a statue of Alduin that came with the special edition release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (one of my all time favorite games, right next to Fall Out 3, 4 and New Vegas).

    And as I'm sure you've guessed, my dragon statues are one of Reds favorite nut hiding places. Unfortunately only my larger dragon statues are still on display, Red has taken the smaller ones and stashed them somewhere...I've only found one so far, sans a wing (still haven't found the wing). She has three more safely hidden somewhere, I think she moves them around when I'm not looking. Apparently Red is channeling her inner dragon mother.

    As the winner of the bonus round you get your choice of (insert exciting music here):

    1. $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

    OR

    2. A 2022 TSB Calendar


    A special thanks to everyone who participated!
    Are you saying that Red actually has picked up your small dragon statues and runoff with them? That would be quite a sight to seeÖ.almost as comical as the description of the chaos in your kitchen last night!

    What the heck! Donate another $25 to TSBÖ.I know itís going to a good cause.

  11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

    Chirps (12-10-2021)

  12. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Rivendell
    Posts
    1,263
    Thanked: 1621

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz2020 View Post
    You are correct! It's not often one has such a perfect opportunity to use nut sack multiple times in a sentence, not to mention paragraphs full of nut sacks!

    Does TSB have a special nut sack fund? Hmmm... does TSB's fund have an official name? I mean, I'd be open to naming TSB's fund "The Nut Sack" fund....just throwing that out there....
    Well, how about it, Admins? Seems the perfect name for it!
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

    https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

  13. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 61

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Thanks Mel!

    Tonight I'll donate $100 to TSB's (currently unnamed) fund in yours and CritterMom's name!

    And yes, Red is our hoarder...she will take anything that catches her fancy and hide it in one of her hidey hole spots. She still has a couple that I have yet to find. Which no doubt are harboring three of my small dragon statues and a rogue frost dragon wing. It never ceases to amaze me how they can run and jump around with something almost as big as them in their little mouths. She's even walked off with a wireless mouse...

    She is also our neat freak; she keeps her "house" toys in a "toy box", if I put one of her "house toys" in their enclosure thinking that maybe she would like to play with it in there, she will immediately take it out and put it back into her toy box. Likewise if I take an "enclosure toy" out and put it in the toy box she'll take it right back into her enclosure.

    Taz just leaves things...well...where ever she decides to drop it pretty much. With the exception of nuts that is. Nuts she will definitely hide. She doesn't go back and eat them (which Red will totally do), she just hides them. Taz gets great pleasure in chasing, then hiding nuts. Often in my pocket. Or my hair. Or my waistband. Really anywhere on my person. Hence the reason for squirrel wisdom #1. Here's a super quick video of Taz and I playing nut fetch...



    https://youtu.be/lsRZyGyGssE



    Non-toy "trinkets" (things Red's not supposed to have) she hides in her hidey hole. Red definitely knows the difference between her toys and, well, her "not toys".

    This is Red checking her toy box to make sure only Red approved toys are in there...

    Name:  Reds toy box.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  110.3 KB

    And I second the motion Chirps!!! "The TSB Nut Sack Fund"...

  14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

    Mel1959 (12-10-2021)

  15. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East Coast, USA!
    Posts
    19,633
    Thanked: 11902

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    A normal morning starting with Red shopping for new things in Taz's home.

    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

    Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

    "Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

  16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

    Mel1959 (12-10-2021)

  17. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 61

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz




    You've totally captured the squirrel dynamics of our household!!

  18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

    TubeDriver (12-10-2021)

  19. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,727
    Thanked: 1184

    Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •