Thread: Dosing help needed

Unhappy Dosing help needed

I have a 4 1/2 (I think) week old female who has started sneezing, refusing food (Esbilac powder with pre/probiotics) and is becoming more listless by the min.
    I can't hear clicking but I did accidently aspirate her and held her upside down to try to get all the liquid out the day before yesterday. All I have on hand is Doxycycline 100mg. She weighs 98 grams. Can she take this medication and if so, at what dose? I've had her for about 2 weeks now and all was going well until this.

Default Re: Dosing help needed

Can't seem to edit my post - I also have amoxycillin 875 mg dose, which expired in 2019. The Doxy expired in 2018

Administrators handle all medication dosing. Hopefully one can help you soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjR...relsandmorellc

Here is a good video about best practices where feeding technique is concerned, which is the best way to prevent aspiration.

Keep the squirrel warm, calm and upright. Snuggling with them is one way to achieve this, tucking them between layers of clothing. This may buy you some time, but effective antibiotics are the most reliable treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara101972 View Post
    Can't seem to edit my post - I also have amoxycillin 875 mg dose, which expired in 2019. The Doxy expired in 2018
    Throw away the doxycycline... "-cycline" medications, unlike most others, breaks down over time and can actually become toxic. Other meds usually become less efficacious as they pass the expiration, but do not become dangerous like the -cyclines will.

Dosing sent in a PM for the amoxil 875mg.

5. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Nancy in New York (07-29-2021), Rock Monkey (07-28-2021), stepnstone (07-28-2021), TubeDriver (07-28-2021)