Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Needs Help!

Default Re: Jack Needs Help!

If you are reading this, please pray for my little Jack.

Pray for him to have an easy, peaceful transition to wherever he is going next and send him good luck & good karma for his next life & lives.

Pray for him to have an amazing, full of adventure, long long long, happy, healthy, very loving lives!

If you have a fur ball friends that passed away, please ask him or her to keep an eye on Jack!

I walked around the neighborhood today a few times, each with a full bag of peanuts, hazelnuts, black walnuts and pecans and I dropped them under almost all the trees on my path. I gave a special treat to every squirrel I saw and told them that it is from Jack.

Let me know if you recommend any place that helps squirrel to donate money from Jack, fully dedicated to be his merit.

We would love to donate to The Squirrel Board, I just don't know how.
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Buddy:

Nancy in New York (07-28-2021), Rock Monkey (07-27-2021), TubeDriver (07-26-2021)

Also, if you are a rehabber/administrator or simply someone who could use some help and if you provide me your preferred method of donation, paypal email etc, we'd be happy to send some love.

You'd be giving us to chance to say "Thank you!".

So, please do so. I know everyone here does their best to keep helping our little magical friends and whatever we can do to support that, would make us happy!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Nancy in New York (07-28-2021)

Very sorry for your loss. Though they not be with us for long, they stay in our hearts for a lifetime.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Buddy (07-26-2021)

Thank you!

There are no words to express how sorry, sad and guilty I feel and how much I miss my little Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

We would love to donate to The Squirrel Board, I just don't know how.
    You could sponsor a month on TSB in memory of Jack. It's $50....a banner runs all month announcing that you are the sponsor, and you'll have an announcement page with any verbiage, pix or videos attached.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Buddy (07-26-2021)

Thank you Island Rehabber. Yes, I would love to do that. How do I do it?

I am so sorry for your loss. I have rehabbed many babies and the losses of every one that has been lost, has been devastating. Peace to you and Jack.

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to tnd5:

Buddy (07-26-2021), Rock Monkey (07-27-2021)

Thank you Island Rehabber. Yes, I would love to do that. How do I do it?

Just go here
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...a-MONTH-on-TSB!!

...and let me know which month you'd like to sponsor. I believe that June, July, September, October and December are still available in 2022.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Buddy (07-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by tnd5 View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have rehabbed many babies and the losses of every one that has been lost, has been devastating. Peace to you and Jack.
    Thank you so much! The kind words and support from this board really helps. I'd do anything in my power to bring Jack back. I feel miserable thinking how badly I failed him.

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

tnd5 (07-27-2021)

Thank you so much! The kind words and support from this board really helps. I'd do anything in my power to bring Jack back. I feel miserable thinking how badly I failed him.
    I hope in time this feeling eases at least somewhat. You don't deserve to feel this way, but we feel how we feel. Without you, Jack had no chance at all. Whatever happened was probably just one of those freak, unforeseeable events which may not have had an "answer" even if you knew what triggered it.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chirps:

Buddy (07-26-2021), Rock Monkey (07-27-2021)

Chirps, thank you!

First and foremost, I am so so sorry. I know your pain is profound and the depth of that pain indicates the depth of your empathy and love and caring for Jack. If you didn't care so profoundly, it wouldn't hurt so much. It sounds like a situation where it will be hard to know what actually happened. However, I totally understand your need to know.

I am sorry I wasn't there to be able to try to help.

I lost Oscar within days of his finding his way into my life. He took his last breaths on top of me and Helen knew he was gone before I did, or before I was willing to accept it. Oscar is one of the reasons I put so many hours into this forum, because I know I made multiple mistakes, I didn't know better, and while the outcome might have been the same anyway, I work diligently to help others to avoid mistakes, to help them provide the best possible care for their little furry ones. I do this to help the little furry ones and to help the people to avoid the pain and the guilt that will be with me forever, though its bite grows less sharp, it still spring back to full force occasionally. Today is one of those days.

With Helen, on many occasions when it came to major decision points, there were often a great many aspects, pro and con, to consider. I knew there was always an element of uncertainty, that the desired outcome was never guaranteed. It was rarely simple. Ultimately, I did my best to weigh it all and make a choice.

Unfortunately, you didn't have the luxury of calm, careful consideration.

Sometimes life just kicks you square in the balls for no good reason.

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Buddy (07-27-2021)

Thank you, RM!

Really appreciate your kind comments and thanks for sharing about Oscar! I'm so sorry to hear about it.

These little fur-balls are magical. I don't think I've ever felt this much sadness over losing one of my furry friends before.

It's partly because I blame myself. I feel so sad thinking that Jack was going to be released the next morning; instead, we had to bury him.

His magical, sweetest face when I found him, and his confused and questioning eyes when he was still alive in my hands (asking "what's going on mama? please help me and make this go away!" look) and the way he got so weak and tired that he was not able to hang on to the wires of the cage anymore, and how I put him in his nest box and how I found him lifeless a few hours later... these images and memories keep playing over and over again in my mind.

Along with what I should have done and what I could have done and how he could be well and alive today.

If only I knew or could see more clearly........................................... ............

I wish I had some expert's phone number or something.... We live in Illinois, so I couldn't take him any vets either.

I should have done more and better research............

I was also considering to release him a week before, but then my husband and my kids were away and they wanted to be part of the release and even before I was contemplating on releasing him but I kept remembering the advice I saw here over and over again: "he is a singleton, the more he is in the release cage, the better his chances are".

I should have noticed and accepted that he was old/big and wild enough to be released.

There are so many things I feel regretful about. I wish I was more in control of the events and outcomes....

My only thin support that I'm hanging on is that whatever decisions I made, all was made with love and hope that it is the best for his well-being.

I wish I made better choices....

I miss him so much! My heart is in incredible pain.

I'm so so so so... sorry Jack! I love you deeply; definitely more than you know and I will always love you just the same, if not more!!

Here's one of the first photos of him, when I found him (and immediately fell in love with him!)

Name:  signal-2021-05-19-091541_016.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  62.7 KB

And here's a photo of him the day before he's gone....

Name:  IMG_0209.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  180.3 KB

23. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Buddy:

Rock Monkey (07-27-2021), TubeDriver (07-27-2021)

I wish I could heal your heart ❤
    I do understand your pain
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

Buddy (07-27-2021), sundoesshine (07-28-2021)

CC!

I've reread your comments again. You tried many different things and nothing seemed to calm him down. You didn't sit there and do nothing.

As you said, the lawn had been mowed many times before. Maybe Jack was bitten by a wasp stirred up by the mower. Maybe a piece of debris came flying his way and he thought that this had occurred purposely. Somehow something was different this time. It is hard to say what.

I don't think there is any way you could have foreseen the events that would be set in motion.

I would have thought you sitting there quietly, gently and holding him would have calmed him down. Apparently it did not. I am not sure what I would have done differently.

Maybe in talking to someone else on the phone that synthesis would have given rise to other ideas. Maybe. Maybe not. That's a good idea as you did not have a lot of time to consider options, but you didn't know how much time you had or how dire things were.

It is always easy to roast oneself in hindsight, but it most certainly isn't fair.

28. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

sundoesshine (07-28-2021)

Thank you RM!

Thanks for rereading the comments; for your kind and caring comments. They mean a lot to me!

These I should have done, I could have done thoughts come to me after the fact.

I didn't / couldn't think about calling someone during the very unfortunate event and I didn't have anyone's phone number in the first place.

I kept checking the board, but I was so distracted... My mind was all over the place...

Even though, I know it was a super long time for Jack being scared and freaked out like that (and me); things turned out very badly within hours.

Please pray for him to have much much much better, fortunate, healthy, happy and very long, loving lives in his next reincarnations!

Even if you don't believe praying or reincarnation, just wish him BEST OF LUCK wherever he might be.

30. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Rock Monkey (07-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    I am not sure what I would have done differently.
    I agree. It almost seems as though he had a heart condition, a tachycardia that couldn't be stopped and I don't believe that could be prevented.

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to sundoesshine from:

Buddy (07-28-2021)

This situation with Jack reminds me of a mouse that I caught inside my house in a live trap a decade ago. The sun had gone down and I didn't feel like driving the five miles over the bridge to the other side of the river and then down the tracks in the night. I decided that I would release the mouse in the morning. So, I put it in a five-gallon bucket with holes drilled in it and covered the top with a piece of plywood. The mouse was freaking out, trying to get out. I could hear it bouncing off the plywood covering the bucket. I thought "I will settle down once it realizes that isn't going to work." I came out in the next morning and it was quite dead. (Apparently this sort of thing, unrelenting complete freak out, is a known phenomenon.)

So, early on when Helen started freaking out about being confined, crying and throwing herself up the side and pushing on the lid legs churning at red line rates, like the Roadrunner, I realized that I was dealing with a life or death situation. This pattern occurred again and again until I would let her out. She was not adjusting to being confined. I said to myself, "If I am going to save her, to let her grow to the point at which she might be released, I am going to have to give her more freedom and in doing so I am going to have to let substantially more risk into her everyday life because who knows what she might get into."

From that point onward she was never confined to a box or cage. Doing so certainly complicated my life a lot, but I concluded that I didn't have a choice if I was to have any chance of saving her.

34. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Buddy (07-28-2021)

Sundoesshine, thanks for all your kind comments and sharing your thoughts and knowledge!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast