Thread: Issue with female squirrel?

Default Issue with female squirrel?

Have a female squirrel which I have been feeding showing up the past two days with a while milky discharge from her reproductive area. Nipples are slightly visible so guessing it is already pregnant? The discharge is kind of like a white string like cord and seems to lengthening. It was about an inch long yesterday and about two inches long a day later. Is there something wrong with her? Thanks.

Default Re: Issue with female squirrel?

Is there some way you can post a picture? I'm wondering about tapeworm...
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

nj765 (07-19-2021)

Default Re: Issue with female squirrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    Is there some way you can post a picture? I'm wondering about tapeworm...

I was able to get close to it with a tissue and wipe some of it right off. It looks like just some milky substance. Just curious what it is. Could it just be from her ovulating and being in heat at this time of the year? Or did it already give birth to babies?

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to nj765 from:

Diggie's Friend (07-18-2021)