Thread: Urine with a streak of blood

Default Urine with a streak of blood

My girl Lil Mama showed up today and peed inside on a pillow which she NEVER does. She is a wild that is extremely friendly and gentle, she lets us pet her and we treat her with Revolution during summer months. She turned around toward me & peed and then I saw the blood on the pillow. She must have wanted to show me because she has never peed inside in the whole year + that she has been coming here. She looks extemely healthy otherwise. She did have a tooth issue last month that healed up just fine and she is raising babies that have to be at least 9 weeks by now.

Is this a bladder infection? I have d-mannose which worked with our cats and my own issues. Unfortunately we don't have any antibiotics on hand. I do not believe this is from acorns as it's a streak of blood not the reddish urine I've seen.

She is my best little pal, I hate seeing her unwell.
    What could this be? Thank you so much!

Name:  20210718_170347~2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  118.3 KBName:  20210718_170319_HDR~2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  118.1 KB

Default Re: Urine with a streak of blood

Wow, she's sweet and it is so amazing how she let you know something was wrong. Can I ask, did you see her actually pee. It seems like quite a bit and usually when my guys pee, it's just a small little puddle but then they've never done so on a pillow which might change how things appear.

I only ask because right now my dog is healing a small abscess like wound and when I rinse it with a solution each morning, the gunk looks very similar.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to sundoesshine from:

thelema93 (07-19-2021)

Thanks for the reply! Yes I did see her pee, she peed 2 more times (little amounts) in other spots as well. The 2nd pee still had blood in it and the 3rd was much fainter. She actually turned around with her bottom facing me when she peed, lol, so I saw it directly. Poor girl,, it's just that she has never peed inside too. It makes it that much more unusual.

I agree that looks like a lot of blood! I was quite alarmed, she looks and seems fine otherwise. No obvious injuries.

I was reading some other threads, could it be she's menstruating? She is raising babies right now, I haven't seen them yet but saw her all through pregnancy and after. They should be at least 9 weeks.

She is a dear, I still can't believe how tame & gentle she is, I've always wondered if she was actually a rehabbed baby!

I'm hoping someone else may have seen something like this and that it's not serious!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to thelema93 from:

sundoesshine (07-19-2021)

Ps : I hope your pups abscess heals up ok!

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to thelema93 from:

sundoesshine (07-19-2021)