Thread: Pimples

Default Pimples

I have a 3 week old baby (guessing I've had her for 2 weeks she was a pinky and now has her bottom teeth)

What are these white pimple looking things? Squirrel pox? Staff? Mites? Ant bites? (Not sure how it could be mites or ants i keep her very clean and have ants or see any) I've been searching this page and a fb page and can't seem to figure it out. Nervous with her being so little.

She doesn't seem to be itchy, still has an appetite

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: Pimples

My guess is staph.

Go to the drugstore to the wound care section and you will find Betadyne 10% povidone iodine. They will likely also have their store brand of the same - get that as it is a couple $ less than the name and is the same stuff. Put 20-25 drops of it (the top has a dropper) in 1/4 cup water, warm it slightly in the microwave so it isn't cold, and using a cotton ball or similar and gently dab the entire area until you have wet down everywhere you see the bumps, then put baby someplace nice and warm and just let it dry on her skin. It doesn't sting at all so you won't be hurting her. It is very effective - kills bacteria, fungus, viruses - everything. I would apply it at least twice a day. It should clear up in a few days. The only side effect will be an orange tummy (for a few days she can pretend she is a foxer!)

Default Re: Pimples

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    My guess is staph.

Go to the drugstore to the wound care section and you will find Betadyne 10% povidone iodine. They will likely also have their store brand of the same - get that as it is a couple $ less than the name and is the same stuff. Put 20-25 drops of it (the top has a dropper) in 1/4 cup water, warm it slightly in the microwave so it isn't cold, and using a cotton ball or similar and gently dab the entire area until you have wet down everywhere you see the bumps, then put baby someplace nice and warm and just let it dry on her skin. It doesn't sting at all so you won't be hurting her. It is very effective - kills bacteria, fungus, viruses - everything. I would apply it at least twice a day. It should clear up in a few days. The only side effect will be an orange tummy (for a few days she can pretend she is a foxer!)

Thank you so much! That's what I was thinking too! I put organic pure coconut oil on it last night cause she seems dried out and irritated, and she seems a lot better today. But I'm headed now to Walmart to get that!