Thread: 10 month old squirrel week left back leg and not wanting to climb branch.

Default 10 month old squirrel week left back leg and not wanting to climb branch.

10 month old squirrel in release cage today started with left back leg weakness. She is acting a little mentally slow for herself as well. Its 95 today and hot as well. She does eat a lot of hazelnuts everyday along with a henrys picky block and vegetables. wondering if I should give her a tums? should i bring her back inside in her cage? I'm not a rehabber and don't know a vet that would see her because of myself not being a licensed rehabber. Please help. Thanks

Default Re: 10 month old squirrel week left back leg and not wanting to climb branch.

Now she is jumping on her branches and acting normal again. I just gave her a cherry tums and she ate half of it. We were hoping to release her this week by Thursday. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: 10 month old squirrel week left back leg and not wanting to climb branch.

This morning she appears to be fine. I think the heat bothered her yesterday. We will keep close eye on her and try to keep her area cool today. The tree guys finished cutting up her tree this morning that was blown over by tornado a week ago. Hopefully if all goes well we will release her by the end of the week. Thanks