Thread: Bring them inside for the 4th?

Default Bring them inside for the 4th?

Hello—
    I have 3 Eastern Gray foster squirrels outside (all siblings). Our neighborhood is very into their fireworks and it turns into what sounds like an actual war zone every 4th of July 😳 I managed to coax them all back into their release cage this morning, with the intent of bringing them inside tomorrow and then letting them go again on Monday. Is this the right thing? Or should I just let them go about business as normal? I will be so worried about them being terrified tomorrow night 🙁

(One squirrel, Junie, has been in the release cage for months, as she had a leg injury and still won’t bear weight on one front leg. Her brothers have been out of the cage and on their own since May, although I still feed them every day.)

Default Re: Bring them inside for the 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Mfnusz View Post
    Hello—
    I have 3 Eastern Gray foster squirrels outside (all siblings). Our neighborhood is very into their fireworks and it turns into what sounds like an actual war zone every 4th of July 😳 I managed to coax them all back into their release cage this morning, with the intent of bringing them inside tomorrow and then letting them go again on Monday. Is this the right thing? Or should I just let them go about business as normal? I will be so worried about them being terrified tomorrow night 🙁

(One squirrel, Junie, has been in the release cage for months, as she had a leg injury and still won’t bear weight on one front leg. Her brothers have been out of the cage and on their own since May, although I still feed them every day.)
    Personally since they are all back in their release cage I'd bring them in.
    Better to be a bit confused then get run off...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Chirps (07-05-2021), Grinderhead (07-03-2021), island rehabber (07-03-2021), Mfnusz (07-03-2021), Nancy in New York (07-04-2021)