Thread: ADVICE NEEDED-possible MBD

Default ADVICE NEEDED-possible MBD

I have an 11 month squirrel that I moved into his pre-release outdoor enclosure a month and a half ago- I was unable to move him outside sooner because he was extremely late to wean. Up until he was moved outside, I was extremely diligent with feeding him by Henry's healthy pet chart guidelines, and he rarely got treats. Since moving him out, I have allowed myself to become a major push-over, and his diet has consisted of a lot of nuts/seeds/corn, as I wanted to make him happy, and without experiencing the terrifying reality of my squirrel baby sick, I hadn't intensely read all of the life threatening risks or how extremely sensitive squirrels are.
    Yesterday, he began showing symptoms of MBD: lethargy, slight loss of appetite. I ordered Henry's emergency kit treatment, and force fed him an extra strength time mixed with water. This morning, he was a lot worse.
    I work at a veterinary clinic, which was how I got him. I immediately brought him in and a did general chemistry profile. I will try to post pictures of the results below (this is my first time posting).
    From the few research articles I've found illustrating the normal serum reference ranges, his calcium and phosphorus levels are not too far off. His sodium however is extremely high, and his glucose is relatively high.
    Since 5:30 this afternoon, I have slowly administered approximately 850 mg of elemental calcium by crushing ultra strength Tums mixed with water and syringe feeding.
    He has occasionally had a burst of energy, still being able to walk/jump, but immediately finds a place to lay down and sleep. He has peed once and had a solid bowel movement, and does not seem painful to touch. He is still interested in water.
    Please, any advice or recommendations on how to continue, what I am doing wrong, signs I should look for, anything to help, would be extremely appreciated.
    Thank you.

Default Re: ADVICE NEEDED-possible MBD

I can't figure out how to post images. I copied and pasted the links below. Let me know if they don't work, I can type out the results if needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SRs...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SRs...w?usp=drivesdk

Default Re: ADVICE NEEDED-possible MBD

We cannot access your google drive posts as they currently private.

How long has he been on this diet of nuts/seeds/corn?!?

Do the tums that you are using include Vitamin D?