Thread: Best feeding regiment for Joey

Default Best feeding regiment for Joey

I am new to baby squirrels. No rehabbers in the area to assist. Joey appears to be approximately 6 wks old from information on the internet. He has been eating Esbilac puppy milk replacer. 3.5ml to 5 ml 4 times per day. I gave him pedialyte at first with the formula because he was dehydrated.
    He was 55 grams when my neighbor found him and is now 68 grams. I've had him 1 week.

What do I feed him next?

Thank you.

Default Re: Best feeding regiment for Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Human View Post
    I am new to baby squirrels. No rehabbers in the area to assist. Joey appears to be approximately 6 wks old from information on the internet. He has been eating Esbilac puppy milk replacer. 3.5ml to 5 ml 4 times per day. I gave him pedialyte at first with the formula because he was dehydrated.
    He was 55 grams when my neighbor found him and is now 68 grams. I've had him 1 week.
    What do I feed him next?
    Thank you.
    68 grams would be light for a 6 week old grey, what kind of squirrel is Joey?
    I'm assuming eyes are open?
    Formula would still be his "main" diet, eyes open a quality rodent block should now
    be introduced. You will want him to be eating that and eating it well before other
    solids are introduced.
    I'm attaching link to the healthy diet as well as one on baby squirrel care. Your likely past
    some of the stages but it can still be helpful with others.

Healthy diet:
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels

Baby squirrel care:
    Go to this link it can help.
    It's 6 pages long with the next button on the top right corner.

https://www.henryspets.com/1-basic-setup/
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator