Thread: Sofie, my female flyer---

Brenda I Guest

Unhappy Sofie, my female flyer---

Sofie my 4 year old female flyer has turned into a holy terror!! She will not let me touch her-she is VERY agressive-charging the cage when I get near, trying to bite me through the bars. I thought at first it was because of the little baby male and she was jealous. Now, I'm not so sure.

I intend to start a diet change tonight and see if that helps. Otherwise I do not know what to do . The way she is now I have a hard time feeding her--she attacks me anytime I go near her cage. Last night I gave her one of her all time favorites-a small pecan tree twig with leaves and a pecan bud. She took it and decided she would rather fight with me than smell her good cigar!

HELP!! I need help!!

Brenda I

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo is offline Licensed rehabber specializing in squirrels and bunnies, Ohio

Default Re: Sofie, my female flyer---

How long has she been acting different? Is she fixed? Could it be that she is in heat and that is why she is acting different? What was your old diet for her and what changes are you making?
    SQUIRRELS RULE AND BUNNIES TOO!

darrakm Guest

1) it could be harmonal
    2) are there any new scents? Have you changed bath soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc?
    3) could be the new little one. wash your hands and change your **** before trying to ahndle her. Also, get the new little boy to pee on something and put that in her nest.

Brenda I Guest

She really started having a bit of a attitude from the last time her cage was cleaned. I admit it was a mess by the time I really gave it a good cleaning! She always gets a little testy after -well wouldn't you if someone came in and moved all your furniture? and stole all your good stuff!
    She progressive got worse, with times like her old sweet self. This has been over the last 4 weeks, ...and I haven't been able to clean her cage and really--really need to!!
    Her diet has always been 25% fruit and fresh veggies, 25% protein and 50% nuts and dry kibble--like rodent feed etc. I try to give her treats like plum seeds to chew on-small pieces of wood-she loves popcicle sticks. She really doesn't like yogurt-unless (this was before 'tude) I am holding her and she doesn't get her hands dirty--cat-tast-troo-fee ALL activity stops while we take immediate care of that disaster!!

She is not spayed and I guess it could be hormonal, but she has never before acted like this.

Thanks for all the help
    BI

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.