Thread: 11 month old fox squirrel constantly wet?

Hybrid View

Default 11 month old fox squirrel constantly wet?

Suddenly Georgie is staying wet with urine on his abdomen. Why would this be?

He is fed strictly according to the pyramid as far as fruits and vegetables go. He gets 2 picky blocks per day, plenty of fresh spring water and only get one or two nuts per month.

Default Re: 11 month old fox squirrel constantly wet?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiesMom View Post
    Suddenly Georgie is staying wet with urine on his abdomen. Why would this be?

He is fed strictly according to the pyramid as far as fruits and vegetables go. He gets 2 picky blocks per day, plenty of fresh spring water and only get one or two nuts per month.
    Ok. I'll say it. It might not be urine. Yep. Mine does the same, it looks all wet and crunchy looking. Mine's not a very good groomer but after a few days he'll arrive all cleaned up; he gets around to it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by sundoesshine View Post
    Ok. I'll say it. It might not be urine. Yep. Mine does the same, it looks all wet and crunchy looking. Mine's not a very good groomer but after a few days he'll arrive all cleaned up; he gets around to it eventually.
    LOL...well it hasnt been crunchy yet!😂

You need to determine whether this is urine or not and the best way is your nose. Next time he is wet, grab him and sniff. Squirrel pee is QUITE pungent.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

sundoesshine (06-11-2021)