Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dray fell with babies

Default Re: Drey fell with babies

Runt is ALIVE!!! 😍🥰😁 She was across the street 🙁 I told her she better look both ways before crossing! And then she ran back across street & is now home. Shooooo. Its ridiculous how sad a squirrel can make you!

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jessijuju:

Rock Monkey (06-12-2021), sundoesshine (06-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by jessijuju View Post
    Runt is ALIVE!!! 😍🥰😁 She was across the street 🙁 I told her she better look both ways before crossing! And then she ran back across street & is now home. Shooooo. Its ridiculous how sad a squirrel can make you!
    That is totally awesome news!

Yes, they own our hearts and are great at giving grey hairs. We sit there sifting through the sparsest of evidence trying to figure out what is going on.

Yeah, cars suck! Squirrels don't deal well with them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Damn.

Did you find anything in her box?

Does Runt come when whistle?

I finally got brave and battled the spiders and got the box down.... (which had 3 scary ones inside it!)
    There was one dead baby in there & few dead green flies. Assuming the spiders had them for a snack. Really wish i would have taken it down that day. With the flies already there though, and it not moving at all when i was feeling for it, and Runt not going back inside it the next day, id say it was already gone.
    Runt tried though. Im proud of her!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to jessijuju from:

Rock Monkey (06-26-2021)

Default UPDATE: on Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    If Runt did loose all of her babies, which I hope she didn't, she may go into heat again.

So Runt gave us another scare about 4 wks ago. We didnt see her for 5 days! The longest she had been missing yet. And of course, the red shouldered hawk is still hanging around hollering his presence 😳
    On the late afternoon of day 6, we went out for runt's routine supper, hopin for a miracle that we would see her. I checked the road beside us as he headed towards the woods. Then he hollered for me to hurry over there. There was Runt! ... coming across the lot (where cats can easily get her). We followed her, as she was clearly on a mission. She climbed up me & then back off quickly, and then I seen it.... she had a baby in her mouth! She took it up and put it in the nest box in the tree in our yard that we had made for the fox squirrel injured from the cat. Then she took off back over towards the woods, looking back at us as if sayn 'come on'. She went up in a tree in the fence row that we had never seen her go in before. Up in a nest and got another baby. Then back across the lot and up in our tree. After 1 more trip, but no more babies, she hurried up and gathered leaves for the box, as it was almost dark. I gave her some cotton that she gladly took. So for about 3½ wks now, our Runt Runt is livin in our tree in our yard 😍 It gets quite scary though as the road is only about 8 ft away.

After looking into it, she lost her last baby right towards the end of breeding season. So hopefully she has better luck this time around. I just wonder why she moved them anyways. Do you think maybe one died so she moved the live ones? Or maybe she was just home sick. Lol

Anyone else have experience with releases having babies? Do you think she will teach them to come to me when they get older or will she be jealous and attack them or possibly me if they get close to me? Im excited to hopefully at least watch em grow up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12