Thread: Mr. Fussy pants is in trouble

Default Mr. Fussy pants is in trouble

It started out with really runny diarrhea That was very watery and yellow. So then that improved with probiotics and a dose of metro. To a soft yellow poo yellow poo then last night he was off his Formula so I hydrated with homemade hydration . He was picking at Rolling block and then I noticed the poolwas grey And he wasn't moving right so I hydrated with some calcium in there and he was moving a little better the pool was back to a soft but formed light yellow. I just hydrated again I'm gonna wait and try to feed him some formula. Everyone else is acting good active playing running around the cage but hes hunkering down in his cube by himself I'm very worried and I'm not sure what to do for him

Default Re: Mr. Fussy pants is in trouble

Now its back to watery diarrhea and stinky. He is losing weight too....at a loss here about what to do....
    Everyone else is healthy and active....if its coccidia again...I don't have any albon left.

Quote Originally Posted by Binkers mom View Post
    It started out with really runny diarrhea That was very watery and yellow. So then that improved with probiotics and a dose of metro. To a soft yellow poo yellow poo then last night he was off his Formula so I hydrated with homemade hydration . He was picking at Rolling block and then I noticed the poolwas grey And he wasn't moving right so I hydrated with some calcium in there and he was moving a little better the pool was back to a soft but formed light yellow. I just hydrated again I'm gonna wait and try to feed him some formula. Everyone else is acting good active playing running around the cage but hes hunkering down in his cube by himself I'm very worried and I'm not sure what to do for him
    So how old is Mr. Fussypants? Exactly what formula are you feeding them? How often are you feeding them? How much does he weigh? Was there a chance that he got into something bad around the house? Lots of questions I know but it helps us help you.

Now its back to watery diarrhea and stinky. He is losing weight too....at a loss here about what to do....
    Everyone else is healthy and active....if its coccidia again...I don't have any albon left.
    Didn’t realize you were a senior member...sorry

FV offered 3x a day.....Mazuri RB......veggies- Romain, butternut squash, carrot, baby Bella mushrooms, sugar snap peas.....occasionally avocado treat.
    He was found with bad diarrhea...it seemed to pass thr all 4.....had albon and treated everyone but Mr FP was doing great then the last 2 days he isn't.
    He hasn't left the cage so he didn't get into anything.
    He is dehydrated every time I work on him ...did the skin tug test. He is very miserable.....
    I thought maybe the avocado didn't agree with him...
    They were just 9 weeks old ...approximately

I would separate him for now until you can determine what is going and can treat him. Don't want everyone getting coccidia.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Binkers mom (06-01-2021)

FV offered 3x a day.....Mazuri RB......veggies- Romain, butternut squash, carrot, baby Bella mushrooms, sugar snap peas.....occasionally avocado treat.
    He was found with bad diarrhea...it seemed to pass thr all 4.....had albon and treated everyone but Mr FP was doing great then the last 2 days he isn't.
    He hasn't left the cage so he didn't get into anything.
    He is dehydrated every time I work on him ...did the skin tug test. He is very miserable.....
    I thought maybe the avocado didn't agree with him...
    They were just 9 weeks old ...approximately
    I fed Tuff butternut squash and it upset his tummy, so does banana, banana gives him yellow poops. Butternut squash just gives him regular old brown diarrhea. Tuffs cleared up with probiotic and yogurt mixed for a couple of days. Bless his heart. Maybe you can find the root cause. If it was me I would remove all solids and stick with formula and hydration. See if that helps. I know this is out of my expertise.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-01-2021)

So I'm only giving rodent block romaine sugar snap peas and mushroom I also just started giving Henry's wild bites once A-day. I thought about separating him but I didn't know if that would stress him more. That's what happened when my 2017 Duke got sick and I separated him from his family and he just went downhill fast and died . I'll keep working with the probiotics yoghurt yeah biotics yoghurt and hydration and formula

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

Tuff (06-01-2021)

So I'm only giving rodent block romaine sugar snap peas and mushroom I also just started giving Henry's wild bites once A-day. I thought about separating him but I didn't know if that would stress him more. That's what happened when my 2017 Duke got sick and I separated him from his family and he just went downhill fast and died . I'll keep working with the probiotics yoghurt yeah biotics yoghurt and hydration and formula
    Maybe if you separate into another cage and just keep him next to them. That way he doesn’t seem so isolated just in case this is something more serious. I will go search for maybe an answer. I was told with Tuff give him pepto. One drop let the poop turn black and when the poop isn’t black then give him more if it hasn’t cleared up?

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-01-2021)

Found this post maybe it will help.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...ow+stinky+poop

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-01-2021)

Last night I took my puppy's pill container of albon and I mixed some water in it and syringrd it into Mr. Fussy pants Hoping to get some residual medication into him. This morning shows some improvement the poop is now a Brown solid And he took formula and is grooming himself. I'm going to see if one of my vets will give me some more medication. Thanks for your help Tuff!
    All the others are active and eating chief is starting to win off formula they are all exploring out of the cage and are Playing and exploring and running round.

17. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

island rehabber (06-02-2021), TubeDriver (06-02-2021), Tuff (06-02-2021)

Last night I took my puppy's pill container of albon and I mixed some water in it and syringrd it into Mr. Fussy pants Hoping to get some residual medication into him. This morning shows some improvement the poop is now a Brown solid And he took formula and is grooming himself. I'm going to see if one of my vets will give me some more medication. Thanks for your help Tuff!
    All the others are active and eating chief is starting to win off formula they are all exploring out of the cage and are Playing and exploring and running round.
    That’s awesome awesome awesome praying for his full recovery!!! They sure are delicate little creatures while we get them ready for release.

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-02-2021)

I got some Albon from a rehabber friend!!!!
    My angel!!!
    Treating Mr. FP and Speedy
    Also giving Mr. FB clavamox and hydration.
    Speedy still taking formula.

He was out running around today a little and more tonight....then just chilling on top of the cage getting a toothbrush rub down!
    His weight is improving and he is eating the Harry wildbites and Mazuri and fresh veggies....not really interested in formula.
    I'm praying he has turned a corner.

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

JLM27 (06-03-2021)

I got some Albon from a rehabber friend!!!!
    My angel!!!
    Treating Mr. FP and Speedy
    Also giving Mr. FB clavamox and hydration.
    Speedy still taking formula.

He was out running around today a little and more tonight....then just chilling on top of the cage getting a toothbrush rub down!
    His weight is improving and he is eating the Harry wildbites and Mazuri and fresh veggies....not really interested in formula.
    I'm praying he has turned a corner.
    I just worry that it’s to early to ween at 9 weeks, which was my understanding. I’m not questioning your ability in anyway. Just making a statement. I am sure they are all healthy.

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-03-2021)

Hopefully he will get interested again.....I offer it 3 x day but
    He has been refusing formula outright. I try to "prime the pump" to get him going but he is resistant. The others are skipping one feed or taking less but chowing down on the next feed.
    I'm no expert by any means....I just try to help the best I can and learn from those who know more.
    He was the most active this evening and that was promising...he also feels stronger and hardier and interested in exploring. All good signs...I will keep working at it as he is a sweetheart and deserves every chance at running in the trees.

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

Chirps (06-04-2021)

Hopefully he will get interested again.....I offer it 3 x day but
    He has been refusing formula outright. I try to "prime the pump" to get him going but he is resistant. The others are skipping one feed or taking less but chowing down on the next feed.
    I'm no expert by any means....I just try to help the best I can and learn from those who know more.
    He was the most active this evening and that was promising...he also feels stronger and hardier and interested in exploring. All good signs...I will keep working at it as he is a sweetheart and deserves every chance at running in the trees.
    I know at around 8-9 weeks Tuff was getting uninterested in formula so I would make up for that with nuts and such...I know I’m stupid and didn’t know any better, I’m not saying that is what you are doing. We got into an early MBD scare so I did the protocol, took away everything except formula and HHB (wild bites) he went from very little formula to 30cc a day. I was dang. I made him boo balls with no nuts for the calcium intake. Then around 12-13 weeks he did it again, at this point I was giving calcium in the formula. I was no, no, no, and no. So I added a touch of butternut squash organic baby food to his formula. He was back eating great. 14-15 weeks he was like I’m just done with formula all together. All along I introduced one veggie at a time. Then 2 then 3 then so on and so forth. Still to this day we do the same thing. Small pieces of veggie if it is new, wait and see what it does. As of right now he can’t eat banana nor butternut squash of all things. It’s always been his favorite. I still don’t give him nuts, like 1 pecan a month. I learned a hard lesson on diet that almost cost me his life in which I was trying to save. Yes he can break open a pecan in like 15 seconds. So I’m not worried about when he is ready to go. Just good for thought and something to try with the formula by adding a touch of organic baby food to it also.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-04-2021)

It was a good morning! Mr. FP took abt 6 cc of formula on his own...
    Ate RB....came out of the cage and was playing
    They will be 10 weeks on Monday..approximately.
    Then was eating fresh vegetables!!!

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

Tuff (06-04-2021)

How do you get a young squirrel to take formula?
    Mr FP isn't taking as much formula as he should.
    ...he scoffs at the when offered.
    That being said the other boys aren't taking it at each feeding either....
    Are they weaning themselves now? Should I feed 2x aday now?
    Also at what age do I offer nuts to make sure they can open them?
    They all look good...Mr FB could use some weight but he feels strong and hydrated and is a playful and active guy.
    Thanks

How do you get a young squirrel to take formula?
    Mr FP isn't taking as much formula as he should.
    ...he scoffs at the when offered.
    That being said the other boys aren't taking it at each feeding either....
    Are they weaning themselves now? Should I feed 2x aday now?
    Also at what age do I offer nuts to make sure they can open them?
    They all look good...Mr FB could use some weight but he feels strong and hydrated and is a playful and active guy.
    Thanks
    If I remember correctly Mr. FP is about 10 weeks. From my experience if you offer them to much other stuff he will not take his formula. I went through this a couple of times with Tuff. So I bought organic baby food, apple and butternut squash. Try the apple first mix a little of it in with his formula. Then offer it to him first thing in the morning when he is the hungriest. It got him back interested in it. I didn’t offer him his veggies or anything else until he took his formula. They can be fairly stubborn at this age. Well at least Tuff was…I think it’s the I’m gonna do what I want toddler stage. Once he starts getting back used to formula, then go back to offering healthy veggies. Continue with the healthy blocks after the formula. If he eats the blocks great!!! Those help supply calcium and vitamins for growth also. They are growing a lot at this age so proper diet is very important to keep him healthy. Maybe post a picture of him so we can help try asses this little guy. Is there any underlying other issues that with him. How’s his poops doing? I remember him having some stomach issues for a bit.

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Binkers mom (06-09-2021)

Thank you!
    He loves his blocks and poops are good!
    I will try that approach....seems like they are all starting to wean of a bit.....crazy active and exploring now...Mr. FP is very friendly and playful and now he is the one maturing the fastest and is dominant.
    They are abt 10 1/2 weeks now...best guess.