Thread: 3 baby squirrels in need of immediate help.

Exclamation 3 baby squirrels in need of immediate help.

Hello all.
    Today my and my wife stumbled across a little baby squirrel sitting right out in the open waiting for the cats to get him. He really doesn't look to be doing very well and we are worried... let me add a few minutes later we came across two more little guys.. so we have 3 in total baby squirrels.
    We went to town and just got back and checked on the little guys and the first one we found isn't looking very well. He will barely move.
    ...when I shined a very bright flashlight on them they were teeming with little red bugs all under their fur. I need help in to what to do to help them get rid of these mites.

Can I use essential oils to help repel the mites? What do i do??? Thank you all.

Default Re: 3 baby squirrels in need of immediate help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrap View Post
    Hello all.
    Today my and my wife stumbled across a little baby squirrel sitting right out in the open waiting for the cats to get him. He really doesn't look to be doing very well and we are worried... let me add a few minutes later we came across two more little guys.. so we have 3 in total baby squirrels.
    We went to town and just got back and checked on the little guys and the first one we found isn't looking very well. He will barely move.
    ...when I shined a very bright flashlight on them they were teeming with little red bugs all under their fur. I need help in to what to do to help them get rid of these mites.

Can I use essential oils to help repel the mites? What do i do??? Thank you all.
    I would suspect they have been orphaned for awhile. They are likely very dehydrated, do not try to feed as
    they will not be able to process anything until they are hydrated. I'm attaching a link below that can help instruct you.
    As for the "bugs" wiping them down with a damp cloth of liquid (unscented) dawn dish soap can help, make sure to dry
    so they don't get chilled. (No oils please)
    Posting pictures can help with aging and assessment.

Go to this link this is a HUGE help.
    It's 6 pages long with the next button on the top right corner.

https://www.henryspets.com/1-basic-setup/
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Grinderhead (05-30-2021)