Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Please help. I have three fat squirrels that I am preparing to release. How much block (cup measurement) per squirrel per day. Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,105
    Thanked: 642

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Can you post some photographs?

    How much do they weigh?

    What does their diet consist of? What other foods are they given and how much?

    How old are they?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Name:  6807D8CE-692A-4815-94F1-6B7047635C9E.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  136.5 KBName:  B1DE0402-0A54-44EF-A5E9-63BB3D09E85D.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  103.7 KBName:  FADAC449-9C75-4163-9640-62D8FEB7F646.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  122.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Can you post some photographs?

    How much do they weigh?

    What does their diet consist of? What other foods are they given and how much?

    How old are they?
    8 months old. Free feeding Mazuri Rodent Block and some maple branches, blueberries, occasional grape, every few days they either get one hazelnut , walnut , Brazil nut, or pecan. No caching of food. 2 girls one boy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SC (Madison)
    Posts
    5,366
    Thanked: 5276

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Are you planning a proper soft release? Hopefully so, and being outdoors in a large cage should help them slim down some.

    Free feeding Mazuri Rodent Block should not lead to weight issues.

    Stop giving them Brazil nuts. Brazil nuts are high in selenium and bad for them.


  5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

    Smokythesquirrel (05-31-2021)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Thank you, Brazil nuts are not in the rotation. Occasional. I will eat the rest of those. Yes planning a soft release. Their current enclosure is 4x8x8. Outdoor enclosure will be the same.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,105
    Thanked: 642

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Are the nuts salted?

    Are any of the other foods given salted/have salt added the way many processed food do?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Are the nuts salted?

    Are any of the other foods given salted/have salt added the way many processed food do?
    Of course not

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Can someone answer the question? How much Mazuri rodent block should be given to each squirrel daily? There is nothing more frustrating and rude than answering a question with a question.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SC (Madison)
    Posts
    5,366
    Thanked: 5276

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Mazuri is intended to be the "primary diet", so that means a great majority of their diet. I'd say at least 80% of everything they eat. Mazuri is more like the dry dog food someone might feed their dog so the expectation is that Mazuri is their entire diet.

    Mazuri is not a "supplement block" like Henry's, which they only need to eat 2 or so a day.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Mazuri is intended to be the "primary diet", so that means a great majority of their diet. I'd say at least 80% of everything they eat. Mazuri is more like the dry dog food someone might feed their dog so the expectation is that Mazuri is their entire diet.

    Mazuri is not a "supplement block" like Henry's, which they only need to eat 2 or so a day.
    It IS the primary diet. If you donít know the answer itís cool.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SC (Madison)
    Posts
    5,366
    Thanked: 5276

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    How many cups a day of dry dog food (or cat food?) is the right answer? Just curious. No, I don't know the answer to what is the absolute correct amount of Mazuri for a squirrel each day, sorry.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    How many cups a day of dry dog food (or cat food?) is the right answer? Just curious. No, I don't know the answer to what is the absolute correct amount of Mazuri for a squirrel each day, sorry.
    Hopefully this helps. Any more questions? I would be glad to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •