Thread: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

Default Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

Please help. I have three fat squirrels that I am preparing to release. How much block (cup measurement) per squirrel per day. Thank you

Default Re: Daily amount of Mazuri block for foxes and eastern grey squirrels?

Can you post some photographs?

How much do they weigh?

What does their diet consist of? What other foods are they given and how much?

How old are they?

Name:  6807D8CE-692A-4815-94F1-6B7047635C9E.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  136.5 KBName:  B1DE0402-0A54-44EF-A5E9-63BB3D09E85D.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  103.7 KBName:  FADAC449-9C75-4163-9640-62D8FEB7F646.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  122.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Can you post some photographs?

How much do they weigh?

What does their diet consist of? What other foods are they given and how much?

How old are they?
    8 months old. Free feeding Mazuri Rodent Block and some maple branches, blueberries, occasional grape, every few days they either get one hazelnut , walnut , Brazil nut, or pecan. No caching of food. 2 girls one boy.

Are you planning a proper soft release? Hopefully so, and being outdoors in a large cage should help them slim down some.

Free feeding Mazuri Rodent Block should not lead to weight issues.

Stop giving them Brazil nuts. Brazil nuts are high in selenium and bad for them.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Smokythesquirrel (05-31-2021)

Thank you, Brazil nuts are not in the rotation. Occasional. I will eat the rest of those. Yes planning a soft release. Their current enclosure is 4x8x8. Outdoor enclosure will be the same.

Are the nuts salted?

Are any of the other foods given salted/have salt added the way many processed food do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Are the nuts salted?

Are any of the other foods given salted/have salt added the way many processed food do?
    Of course not

Can someone answer the question? How much Mazuri rodent block should be given to each squirrel daily? There is nothing more frustrating and rude than answering a question with a question.

Mazuri is intended to be the "primary diet", so that means a great majority of their diet. I'd say at least 80% of everything they eat. Mazuri is more like the dry dog food someone might feed their dog so the expectation is that Mazuri is their entire diet.

Mazuri is not a "supplement block" like Henry's, which they only need to eat 2 or so a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Mazuri is intended to be the "primary diet", so that means a great majority of their diet. I'd say at least 80% of everything they eat. Mazuri is more like the dry dog food someone might feed their dog so the expectation is that Mazuri is their entire diet.

Mazuri is not a "supplement block" like Henry's, which they only need to eat 2 or so a day.
    It IS the primary diet. If you don’t know the answer it’s cool.

How many cups a day of dry dog food (or cat food?) is the right answer? Just curious. No, I don't know the answer to what is the absolute correct amount of Mazuri for a squirrel each day, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    How many cups a day of dry dog food (or cat food?) is the right answer? Just curious. No, I don't know the answer to what is the absolute correct amount of Mazuri for a squirrel each day, sorry.
    Hopefully this helps. Any more questions? I would be glad to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images