Thread: The milk formula got into baby's nose !

Hybrid View

Question The milk formula got into baby's nose !

Is he going to be okay????! Is it life threatening only when they are pinkies?? My baby squirrel is about 5 weeks old.

Default Re: The milk formula got into baby's nose !

I made the post..here is videos of him I just took:

http://imgur.com/a/ODYtP04

Did you turn him upside down and allow the milk to drain out? Did he sneeze and snort to get it out? Just because they have milk come out their nose doesn’t mean they’ll get aspiration pneumonia. Be on the lookout for lethargy, lack of appetite and listen to his chest for a clicking sound with each breath.

Start contacting friends and family for any leftover antibiotics or look through your medicine cabinet. Post what meds you can find and the strength. Someone will help you dose it if needed. It’s better to be safe and have it on hand as AP will take them down fast.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Rock Monkey (05-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Did you turn him upside down and allow the milk to drain out? Did he sneeze and snort to get it out? Just because they have milk come out their nose doesn’t mean they’ll get aspiration pneumonia. Be on the lookout for lethargy, lack of appetite and listen to his chest for a clicking sound with each breath.

Start contacting friends and family for any leftover antibiotics or look through your medicine cabinet. Post what meds you can find and the strength. Someone will help you dose it if needed. It’s better to be safe and have it on hand as AP will take them down fast.

Thank you for your reply. And yeah, I did flip him a bit downwards. He did sneeze a couple times but no bubbles came out his nose.. although he is sleeping a lot and I can't tell if that is normal for him to sleep a lot at his age. He still has an appetite and eats about 6cc. But his appetite I noticed did go down a bit when his eyes opened. He doesn't drink the milk as frequently (every 3/4 hours) anymore..?

He should be eating 4 - 5 times a day, 5% - 7% of his body weight. So for a 100gram squirrel that would mean between 5ML and 7ML. I am attaching a sheet sheet.

When eyes open, a high quality rodent block should be introduced. Henry's is the best one. No other solids until he is eating 9actually eating) the rodent block.
    https://henryspets.com/picky-blocks-...rats-and-mice/

Name:  FormulaFeedingChart.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  63.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    He should be eating 4 - 5 times a day, 5% - 7% of his body weight. So for a 100gram squirrel that would mean between 5ML and 7ML. I am attaching a sheet sheet.

When eyes open, a high quality rodent block should be introduced. Henry's is the best one. No other solids until he is eating 9actually eating) the rodent block.
    https://henryspets.com/picky-blocks-...rats-and-mice/

Name:  FormulaFeedingChart.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  63.7 KB

My squirrel just opened his eyes on May 20th and he is 140 grams

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sam21 from:

Rock Monkey (05-25-2021)