Thread: Looking for Emergency Wildlife Vet in the Northeast

Default Looking for Emergency Wildlife Vet in the Northeast

On my drive home from work, I witnessed a young (not baby) squirrel getting his back end run over by oncoming traffic. I immediately pulled over and ran out while he dragged himself off the road and behind a tree, but he couldnít climb it. So I scooped him up, put him in my backseat where he hunkered down, and took him home for now. Iím worried he might have internal bleeding or spinal injury causing him to need euthanasia so I need an emergency vet (NOT a rehabber) that treats wildlife, particularly squirrels, in the Connecticut or Massachusetts area. I will drive and even pay for the services, I just need the referral. Please help!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lilsquirrelly:

Nancy in New York (06-06-2021), stepnstone (06-06-2021)

Default Re: Looking for Emergency Wildlife Vet in the Northeast

I just joined this group and saw your post. I hope everything worked out OK but if you still need help finding referral message me back. I am in the southeast Connecticut area and know of a handful of suitable vets in throughout southern CT and Massachusetts.

It is heartwarming to know that there are other people out there that care and will do more than just turn their head. If nothing else at least you always know that you tried when others likely wouldnít ♥️

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to KDLatyshev:

Nancy in New York (06-06-2021), stepnstone (06-06-2021)