Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hubby found 2 so far

Red face Hubby found 2 so far

Hi, just got a call that my Hubby found one baby when he went to get the mail, he went scouting around he found another....he said they are fully furred. I will be home in 2 hrs then can check them out.
    I told him to look for Momma and see about a reunion
    Question 1) I have fox valley formula in my freezer, it is about 10 months expired, unopened...can it be used or is it garbage?
    Thanks everyone!
    It's that time again

Default Re: Hubby found 2 so far

Quote Originally Posted by Binkers mom View Post
    Hi, just got a call that my Hubby found one baby when he went to get the mail, he went scouting around he found another....he said they are fully furred. I will be home in 2 hrs then can check them out.
    I told him to look for Momma and see about a reunion
    Question 1) I have fox valley formula in my freezer, it is about 10 months expired, unopened...can it be used or is it garbage?
    Thanks everyone!
    It's that time again
    As long as it's been kept in freezer it's still good.
    Remember, hydration comes first.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Binkers mom (05-11-2021), gunpackingrandma (05-13-2021), KCullen (05-12-2021), Rock Monkey (05-19-2021), TubeDriver (05-10-2021)

Thanks Step,
    Have 2 boys, loaded with fleas ,cold and dehydrated.
    Got them warmed up,tried some homemade hydration...then a dawn bath and now I'm drying them in my lap on the heating pad ....picking off fleas and grooming with a toothbrush.
    Going to keep trying to hydrate
    Think we are friends now...a pair a 💓cuties

5. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Buddy (07-23-2021), Chirps (05-11-2021), gunpackingrandma (05-13-2021), Nancy in New York (05-12-2021), olorin19 (06-22-2021), Rock Monkey (05-19-2021), TubeDriver (05-10-2021)

106 g and 107 g. Upper teeth just coming in

Sounds like they may have been on the ground for awhile.
    Thankfully husband checked for mail at the right time for these little's.
    You got this....
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Binkers mom (05-11-2021)

My husband told me a few months ago that he had a premonition that I would be caring for alot of baby squirrels this summer.....he is usually right ....

It's been awhile since I had baby squirrels, these boys are really fussy, they aren't really taking much fluid yet, drop by drop. Although, their skin isn't tenting and they are feeling stronger, trying to bite a little. Mostly, they want to sleep in their warm fleece cage. In the past, it took about a day or so for them to feel safeand then they ate better.
    I wonder if these boys are closer to 6 weeks, their tails have fur underneath and nubby upper teeth...idk....they are small.
    I'm supposed to get a puppy 3 states away tomorrow, guess the squirrels are coming along too. Great timing..aghh

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Chirps (05-11-2021), KCullen (05-12-2021)

Unhappy Re: Hubby found 2 so far

Mr. Fussy Pants and Mr. Wonderful are doing well. Both have taken to the syringe and are enthusiastic eaters. They have plumped up and are gaining weight. There upper teeth are little nubs coming in, so I put RB in and they are working on that as well as the water bottle. Both feel stronger and are active.
    Mr. FP has diarrhea, I think I will give metronidazole when we get home. His diarrhea was blue black at first, I think it was from eating blue berries he found where we feed the wilds. Now its a white with light greenish color. He was slow to eat but is good now.....figured out he likes to sit on my arm and nurse, not be held.
    Traveling with them has been ok. I stop a rest stations to feed them, have pre-made formula and hydration solution in containers, and a thermos with hot water to heat up syringes.
    If I get stopped...idk....I guess I have gerbils in the cage...lol
    I brought them so hubby wouldn't be stressed looking after them....he called me to say he found another one!
    Gave him the care routine, he got him/her warm and is hydrating. I will bath and de flea him/her when I get home and he/she can be reunited with the fellas.
    Wonder how many more are out there????

12. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Chirps (05-12-2021), Diggie's Friend (05-20-2021), gunpackingrandma (05-13-2021), KCullen (05-12-2021), Nancy in New York (05-12-2021), Rock Monkey (05-19-2021), stepnstone (05-12-2021)

Hubby found more babies while I was away with the first 2. The total us now 4 baby boys.
    I don't know what happened to momma, but these kids were on the ground looking for help.
    The 2 new ones are hydrated, washed and now fed with their bothers.
    There is a really little brother who is slow taking hydration and formula but the last feeding was better.
    Mr. Fussy Pants watches everything and his diarrhea is improving, will mix yogurt in tomorrow and maybe do a feeding with Ultra boost. He had a dose of metronidazole today too.
    Mr. Wonderful is such a good boy.
    The 2 news ones are still nervous, 1 is starting to settle. The tiny one is going to get extra attention, he's very nervous.
    I wonder if husband will find more.....he is a squirrel magnet.

14. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Chirps (05-12-2021), gunpackingrandma (05-13-2021), olorin19 (05-28-2021)

Update: 3 out if the 4 babies are doing well. Gaining weight, playing, active, good feeders.
    Mr. Fussy Pants diarrhea is improving, he actually grooms my hand now when we play.
    Mr. Wonderful is doing well...a bit more shy.
    The 2 babies found the following day: Chief and Speedy.
    Chief is doing great, he seems to be the new boss over Mr. FP.
    The problem is Speedy......very bad watery diarrhea, a VERY NERVOUS guy. Tried metronidazole, it worked for FussyPants but not Speedy.
    Today tried Albon....that helped. Hydrated him, also he keeps trying to escape, push away syringe....then he chews on the lap cloth, he won't take a nipple but will lick up from just the plastic syringe. I rub him down with a warm cloth and rub him all over when he is back in the cage and he seems to like that...yet every time he is so afraid. He doesn't play with the others but does cuddle up to sleep with them.
    Tonight was the best he has looked...but that's not saying much.
    I'm hoping another dose of Albon, which seemed to help him stay Hydrated and slowly getting formula into him....will show improvement....at least he was slightly better today.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm thinking he does not feel we

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Rock Monkey (05-19-2021), stepnstone (05-16-2021)

Update: 3 out if the 4 babies are doing well. Gaining weight, playing, active, good feeders.
    Mr. Fussy Pants diarrhea is improving, he actually grooms my hand now when we play.
    Mr. Wonderful is doing well...a bit more shy.
    The 2 babies found the following day: Chief and Speedy.
    Chief is doing great, he seems to be the new boss over Mr. FP.
    The problem is Speedy......very bad watery diarrhea, a VERY NERVOUS guy. Tried metronidazole, it worked for FussyPants but not Speedy.
    Today tried Albon....that helped. Hydrated him, also he keeps trying to escape, push away syringe....then he chews on the lap cloth, he won't take a nipple but will lick up from just the plastic syringe. I rub him down with a warm cloth and rub him all over when he is back in the cage and he seems to like that...yet every time he is so afraid. He doesn't play with the others but does cuddle up to sleep with them.
    Tonight was the best he has looked...but that's not saying much.
    I'm hoping another dose of Albon, which seemed to help him stay Hydrated and slowly getting formula into him....will show improvement....at least he was slightly better today.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm thinking he does not feel we
    Are you providing an extra probiotic which is recommended to be given 2 hours before or 2 hours after giving ab's?
    Ab's are hard on their digestive systems, a probiotic helps to protect the gut flora. I would recommend Bene-Bac.
    This supplement / probiotic can help to speed the growth of needed bacteria in the GI tract and can also help with
    animals who are experiencing stress.
    I would also consider putting a light coat of vaseline or even a hemorrhoid cream on his butt hole to protect from
    the acid burn and irritation of diarrhea.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Binkers mom (05-17-2021)

Update: Speedy's diarrhea has improved. Its the first morning he didn't need a washing of his lower half.
    He took hydration and gained 10 g in weight since yesterday
    I gave yogurt. Picking up probiotics today.
    Mr. Wonderful is now off his food and started to have diarrhea. He had normal stool and ate well previously.
    Will treat them all with probiotics.
    Thank you!!!

Update: Speedy's diarrhea has improved. Its the first morning he didn't need a washing of his lower half.
    He took hydration and gained 10 g in weight since yesterday
    I gave yogurt. Picking up probiotics today.
    Mr. Wonderful is now off his food and started to have diarrhea. He had normal stool and ate well previously.
    Will treat them all with probiotics.
    Thank you!!!
    Personally I would suspect they are passing around Coccidia
    which is known to be contagious.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

21. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Binkers mom (05-17-2021), olorin19 (06-22-2021)

That what I was thinking too.
    The only reason I had Albon was because my new pup started with diarrhea, fecal showed he was heavily load with Coccidia and giardia....My other dog started with the diarrhea and is now on metro, ponazuril and panacur. I was told that C is becoming resistant to albon.....anyone else find it particularly bad this year???

23. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Rock Monkey (05-19-2021), stepnstone (05-17-2021)

It was a good morning feed.
    Everyone was enthusiastic about formula.
    Speedy and Mr. Wonderful remained hydrated and had formula and came out to play a little.
    Chief and Mr. Fussy Pants are balls of fun...all eating
    .RB....introduced romain.
    Praying the situation keeps improving.
    Preparing to move them into the Martin fly cage one Wednesday or Thursday....as the 2 active ones are climbing upside down and hanging like bats...lol...its getting crowded in the current cage....or maybe move the 2 active ones first...idk...see how it goes.

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Rock Monkey (05-19-2021), stepnstone (05-18-2021)

The 4 boys are moved to the 4ft × 3 ft × 2 1/2 ft cage, with cozy cube, hammock, water bottle and water bowl. They get some sun light and fresh air when the window is open.
    They enjoy looking out the cube and out the window.
    They are all settled in now and enjoying the freedom to move.
    Chief and Mr. Wonderful are the best feeders. Speedy eats formula every other offering but eats alot of block and vegetables.
    Mr. Fussy Pants is biting the tips off my nipples.
    All enjoy scratches and rubbing by me when they are inside the cube.
    I think they were about 6 weeks when found, that would put them at 7 - 8 weeks now.
    They have no problem sitting up and holding food.
    They are grooming themselves and climbing like Champs.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

stepnstone (05-20-2021)

This is the part where you can take that deep breath knowing
    they are finally over the hump... and you survived.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Binkers mom (05-20-2021)

Cheers to that!!!!@

31. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

stepnstone (05-20-2021)

Things are going well. The 4 fellas are in their 9th week. Taking formula....3 × away now....eating RB....and healthy veggies...stashing them around the cage. They can eat!!!
    Chief is now coming out and exploring around the cage, he loves a tushy rub and is the most engaged.
    They are playing with each other and even the reclusive Speedy is getting more settled.
    Mr. Fussy Pants is now pulling the nipples off the syringe....but he us a good cuddler.

33. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

Rock Monkey (05-31-2021)

Update: The boys are approximately 11 weeks old.
    Playing like crazy with each other and romping around and on top of the cage. Taking less formula..its offered 3x aday....eating Maxuri and Henry's Wildbites and fresh veggies from Henry's list and blueberries or watermelon for a treat.
    Quite amusing to watch and play with now.
    Mr. FP is really active now.
    This week I will install the predator proof door and train them to use it.
    Then the wooden nest box will go in... they have been playing in it on top of the cage and love it.
    Then the end of next week the cage can go outside during the day.
    Think we are in a good place now the Mr. FP is looking good.

35. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Chirps (06-07-2021), gunpackingrandma (06-08-2021), olorin19 (06-22-2021), stepnstone (06-07-2021)

Wonderful update! Bet your happy it's squirrel's, not bunnies!

37. Serious fuzzy thank you's to gunpackingrandma from:

Binkers mom (06-14-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast