Thread: Possible pneumonia. Need help with Baytril dosage.

Unhappy Possible pneumonia. Need help with Baytril dosage.

Hello,
    I have 4 8 week old eastern greys that I've had since they were 1 week old. The largest of them was always a very aggressive sucker/eater. I used the miracle nipple and the 3ml syringe and have to hold it really tight and slowly let it go for him because he is so strong. He would sometimes still get it to move too fast because he was so strong. Thankfully I always caught it and what he got in his nose I sucked out with a newborn battery nose aspirator.

He is still a very aggressive eater. Sometimes gets it in his nose and sneezes it out. I didn't think I would have to worry so much about pneumonia at this age but I am worried he has it now. He isn't as active as the others and just doesn't look well to me. He still eats well and drinks his water and squirrel blocks but doesn't want to climb much. I put him up to my ear and I can hear a faint clicking when he breaths. So I think he has a mild case of pneumonia.

I have some baytril 10% oral on hand for a chicken that had an eye infection. Can I use this on him? It says for chicken, turkey, and rabbits.

If I can use this.... what is the recommended dosing?

It says the composition: 1 ml contains 100mg enrofloxacin

Dosage says: 10 Mg enrofloxacin/kg body wight per day

My little guy (Sunny) weighs 243 grams.

Thank you so much for any help!

Default Re: Possible pneumonia. Need help with Baytril dosage.

Do you have a 1cc syringe for dosing meds?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

minely227 (05-18-2021)