Thread: Boy and girl 5 or 6 weeks . Male wont stop throwing up

Default Boy and girl 5 or 6 weeks . Male wont stop throwing up

I had to pick up 2 babies last night a male and female . People said they think the cat had killed mom and these 2 were crawling down tree. They were very skinny and dehydrated, I started them on homemade pedialyte all night and today fv 2050. The female is doing good and both urinating when stimulated and the female has pooped a couple little pieces the male will not poop no matter how long I try . He is also throwing up . I put him back on pedialyte after the first time he threw up and he wont even hold that down. They have both also been given the first benebac. The male is 104 grams the female 102 . What else can I do for him.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to bednarkim77 from:

Buddy (05-08-2021)

Default Re: Boy and girl 5 or 6 weeks . Male wont stop throwing up

Make sure they are both warm! They are still very young that they need to be kept warm.
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

bednarkim77 (05-08-2021)

Thank you , yes both warm they have. a heating pad under the tote at all times on low non shut off and their formula and food is also very warm . He seems to be doing ok for now on smaller amounts of pedialyte I will start him back on formula tomorrow if he continues to tolerate the pedialyte throughout the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Make sure they are both warm! They are still very young that they need to be kept warm.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to bednarkim77 from:

Buddy (05-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bednarkim77 View Post
    Thank you , yes both warm they have. a heating pad under the tote at all times on low non shut off and their formula and food is also very warm . He seems to be doing ok for now on smaller amounts of pedialyte I will start him back on formula tomorrow if he continues to tolerate the pedialyte throughout the night.
    Is he constipated? If he is full of poop then nothing else can go down? Have you tried warm baths or warm compress on his belly and rub his belly to maybe if that is the issue he will go.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

bednarkim77 (05-08-2021), Buddy (05-09-2021)

How is the little one? Anything improved?