Thread: Ultrasonic repellent questions

Lightbulb Ultrasonic repellent questions

Hello my fellow squirrel enthusiasts.
    I'm raising 2 sweet baby squirrels and I'm going to have to take them with me on an over night trip because they are still taking formula twice a day. They are older babies and very healthy.
    The place I'm going to be staying over night has ultrasonic pest repellents.
    Will these hurt my babies?
    If so, is there a way I can protect my babies from the repellent?
    Thanks for any advice y'all can give!
    Sincerely,
    Rosie's and Ralphie's Mom ❤️

Default Re: Ultrasonic repellent questions

Most of these just plug into an outlet. Can't you just unplug them for the time you are there?

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (05-05-2021), Southern Squirrel (05-05-2021), stepnstone (05-04-2021)

Yes I can do that. I've never had one of those in my house because I've always had little furry family members. If I can locate it I'll unplug it.
    Thank you so much for the response. I do have to wonder though, what type of range those things have. 🤔 Can they hurt them through walls etc? I couldn't find anything online about how to protect my squirrels only how to hurt them. ☹️
    I honestly have no idea how people could hurt these amazing little critters. Bad people. 😠

Sincerely,
    Rosie's and Ralphie's Mom

Well, it supposedly causes some sort of sound disturbance that works with the house wiring and so would work if you were inside. I will tell you that given that my builder never put any thought into making my house actually sealed from the outside, until I spent weeks going over every square inch and plugging holes, I had a mouse problem. I bought a couple of these - it was well before my adventure with squirrels - and did come down one morning to find a mouse sitting ON THE DEVICE plugged into the wall, happily grooming himself. I am pretty sure I heard him saying "neener, neener, neener" as he scampered away. So I *think* they are just another good way to separate the consumer from some money, but I would never have one in the house with my guys because I don't know for sure.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (05-05-2021), island rehabber (05-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    and did come down one morning to find a mouse sitting ON THE DEVICE plugged into the wall, happily grooming himself. I am pretty sure I heard him saying "neener, neener, neener" as he scampered away....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Supposedly those plug ins won't go through walls. (Says so on the package).

"Wide coverage: The pest reject gets coverage up to 115m2. You should use one unit per a room to see the best result because the ultrasonic cannot pass through walls or solid objects. Indoor spaces that are suitable for this pest repeller plugin ultrasonic are home, office, restaurant, hotels, attics, ... " From Amazon blurb.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda