Thread: Help! New arizona ground squirrel momma

Default Help! New arizona ground squirrel momma

Hello all. I'm so thankful to find their forum. I recently found a few baby ground squirrels. The first one I found the other day that I took to a rehab, which I'm regretting as they focus mostly on birds of prey. Hope he doesn't become lunch. The 2nd one I found the next evening in some rocks up against the house, and the third was found that same night run over in the road. I'm trying to rehab this guy myself as most people in the area do bunnies. The little guy I have now I gave him a couple feedings of pedialyte, which he was very happy about. And have given him some goats milk. Against very happy. He is looking much better now and more alert and getting around better. I'm guessing probably around 5-6 weeks as his eyes are open and is mobile. Has bottom teeth, not sure about top. So how do I care for this little guy? I was given that fox powdered formula 32/40 but not sure if that's what he needs. I was also told baby rice cereal mixed in with the goats milk helps. Any advice on how to proceed? He's in a box with a snuggly baby blanket. Half the box is on a heating pad on low. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, again, as most people here rehab bunnies. The few that have successfully rehabilitated squirrels....I just don't know how safe their suggestions are.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Surgtechr1 from:

HerdofHopperz (05-03-2021)