Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Squirrel Momma= Worry Wart

Default Re: New Squirrel Momma= Worry Wart

I would stop using the electrostat at this point. Too much electrolytes for too long (48 hours+) can cause kidney damage. Try to get him on plain water and any formula that he will take.

At his body weight, you are looking to give less than 1cc of electrostat daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtles View Post
    TubeDriver, I stink at math, but I used a calculator and conversion table to make this batch of electrostat. His weight is 152.375 grams = 0.15 kg. The directions said they need 40-50 ml per kg. divided into several feedings/times throughout the day.
    He at 3 cc of electrostat at 5 pm and 2 cc at 9. He has been drinking from his water bottle too. Getting ready to try some formula again.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Squirtles (05-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    At his body weight, you are looking to give less than 1cc of electrostat daily.

Thank you again for this information! I have added it to my notebook full of all information I have found and have been told. I have stopped the electrostat at the 9 pm feeding lastnight. Squirtle weighs 173 grams this morning and gladly took 7.5 ccs of FV 20/50. Now he is cuddling in my hoodie. He is also drinking from his water bottle again.
    What would you recommend be my next step for his daily feedings? Try 3 feedings each day? 5 hours apart? Maybe add his block after 2nd feeding? Just to make sure he has his eyes on the milk.Name:  received_479720070033863.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  64.8 KB this is us yesterday after he ate his electrostat.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Squirtles from:

Buddy (05-01-2021)

Squirtle is about 8-9 weeks old? You can offer formula in the morning, afternoon and evening. Still offer him 5-7% of body weight. Make block available in his cage after you have offered him his morning formula (he might just shred it at first but he will start eating more if it over time). As he starts to prefer block to formula, you can start to add in veggies. Here is a table with recommendations for diet:

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtles View Post
    Thank you again for this information! I have added it to my notebook full of all information I have found and have been told. I have stopped the electrostat at the 9 pm feeding lastnight. Squirtle weighs 173 grams this morning and gladly took 7.5 ccs of FV 20/50. Now he is cuddling in my hoodie. He is also drinking from his water bottle again.
    What would you recommend be my next step for his daily feedings? Try 3 feedings each day? 5 hours apart? Maybe add his block after 2nd feeding? Just to make sure he has his eyes on the milk.Name:  received_479720070033863.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  64.8 KB this is us yesterday after he ate his electrostat.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Buddy (05-01-2021), Squirtles (05-02-2021)

Hiya, Squirtles's Momma!

Just now saw and read this thread. Two things jump out at me. First, if he truly survived on KMR from pinky age, he is one tough kiddo! So glad for him he got to be with you. Second, I am jealous that you are 5 minutes from Henry's!

Best wishes to you and Squirtle! He is adorable!
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chirps:

Buddy (05-01-2021), Squirtles (05-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    Squirtle is about 8-9 weeks old? You can offer formula in the morning, afternoon and evening. Still offer him 5-7% of body weight.
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels
    Estimated age is in that week frame. He eats his blocks really well! I give him 1 right after his morning syringe.
    He weighs 187.815 grams today! At 5% body weight his ccs per feeding = 9.3
    He ate all formula and his block.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirps View Post
    Two things jump out at me. First, if he truly survived on KMR from pinky age, he is one tough kiddo! So glad for him he got to be with you. Second, I am jealous that you are 5 minutes from Henry's!

Best wishes to you and Squirtle! He is adorable!
    Thank you! He sure is a fighter! That's for sure! And I am so thankful I found Henry's Pets! Everyone there is so knowledgeable and nice! Gonna pick up some more blocks tomorrow he he he.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12