Thread: online options for nuts?

Default online options for nuts?

i’m looking for some reputable online sources for nuts ... any suggestions??

Default Re: online options for nuts?

I bu my hazelnuts from an orchard in Oregon/Washington...wherever is cheapest with shipping. My in shell pecans I buy from Ellis Bros in Georgia. They have a product that is called “squirrel food” in 30lb boxes. This last year when I ordered them they were beautiful, huge, pecans!!

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

cleolovelee (04-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I bu my hazelnuts from an orchard in Oregon/Washington...wherever is cheapest with shipping. My in shell pecans I buy from Ellis Bros in Georgia. They have a product that is called “squirrel food” in 30lb boxes. This last year when I ordered them they were beautiful, huge, pecans!!
    can you link the sites you shop from please?

I have bought some from www.anuts.com from Argires Snacks.

The packaging is simple, but your squirrel could care less about that. Prices are good. You buy it by the pound and can mix and match. Shipping was prompt.

Here’s the link for the pecans. https://www.werenuts.com/catalogsear...=Squirrel+food

I can’t remember who I bought the hazelnuts from. Here’s a link to the different growers in the state. I think I called around to see who shipped to Florida and what their prices were. https://oregonhazelnuts.org/buy-hazelnuts/retail/

I usually buy stuff from. Nuts.com the prices aren't the best but they have lots of stuff and great people snacks too.

Sincerelynuts.com is another. I'm not sure how their prices compare but good to have a few go-tos when one place doesn't have one type of nut (I make a mix of six nuts so sometimes need to multi-source!)

More in-shell pecan options: Gilbertpecan.com and pecans.com.

The in-shell pecans tend to be about 5-10% duds (rotten on the inside). So I spend some effort pre-cracking any suspicious looking ones. Earlier in the season you get them (oct/nov i think?) the better.