Thread: how many boo balls are too many??

Default how many boo balls are too many??

i feed my little ones two main meals a day (salads plus a boo ball and henry’s block) with snacks between (additional random fruits/veggies/mini salads and a boo ball).... they go for the boo balls first always.... they love them.... they’re sort of thrown together with a ground nut mix i purchased and want to get rid of (next time i’ll make my own), some chunky peanut butter, baby banana and butternut squash foods, and some molasses.... i’ve been giving them 3-4 of the balls each, every day, at various times through the day... is that too many? i’ll be adjusting the balls next time i make them to be a bit more nutritious... but i want to make sure i’m not giving them too much....

Default Re: how many boo balls are too many??

The boo balls I make have a base of Harlan Teklad 2016 ground rodent block. This block is 100% nutritionally complete and byitself they can have as much as they want. To the ground Harlan block I add ground nuts (to entice them), dry Fox valley 20/50 and ultraboost (for added nutrition) and then baby food veggie/fruit combos and avocado and coconut oil to hold it all together. I’ve never worried about them having too many because the boo balls are far healthier than the nuts we give.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

cleolovelee (04-23-2021), KCullen (05-31-2021)

Default Re: how many boo balls are too many??

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    The boo balls I make have a base of Harlan Teklad 2016 ground rodent block. This block is 100% nutritionally complete and byitself they can have as much as they want. To the ground Harlan block I add ground nuts (to entice them), dry Fox valley 20/50 and ultraboost (for added nutrition) and then baby food veggie/fruit combos and avocado and coconut oil to hold it all together. I’ve never worried about them having too many because the boo balls are far healthier than the nuts we give.
    i am going to try your recipe next... it sounds much more complete than what i mixed for this first batch of balls.... thank you so much for the info!!! ❤️❤️