Thread: 1st timer

Hybrid View

Default 1st timer

Hi, this is my 1st time posting and only registered today. I have a 9 month old eastern gray squirrel that my son found under an oak tree in our front yard. I was extremely reluctant to bring in this baby( assuming he was 2-3days old since my husband found another baby 2 days prior while mowing the lawn- that baby was not alive) into my home. We placed him back under the tree and when the mother had not returned we brought him in when it got dark. Not having any supplies or any idea on how to care for this animal, we googled everything. All stores were closed so we made a pedialyte solution and with a little paint brush dabbed his mouth with a few drops every half hour throughout the night. I honestly never thought he would survive. Anyway now he is part of our family. I love him.. The plan was to do a release this spring,, but i am petrified that he will get hurt.. I want what is best for him and want him to live the way squirrels are intended but then there is my selfish and scared side. Need guidance??

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Robbie:

Buddy (04-17-2021), RockyPops (04-17-2021)

Default Re: 1st timer

Welcome to the board! And I want to say "Join the club!" There are a few of us here in the same situation; over wintered singleton babies and now it's almost release time and we're all very anxious and worried.

So we totally understand what exactly you are going through.

Here's a post on soft release. I'd say start reading and keep asking questions. This is a great community and people will do everything they can to help you and guide you!

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-How-to-Sticky

Also, everyone loves pictures of these magical little fuzzballs, so feel free to post some to introduce your little boy!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Buddy:

Robbie (04-17-2021), RockyPops (04-17-2021)

Name:  20210405_180031.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  57.8 KB

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Robbie from:

Buddy (04-17-2021)

Aww!! Super cute! What's his name?
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Thank you . So our squirrels name is Rocky. My 12 year old son named him - nothing to do with Rocky and Bulwinkle ,he knows nothing about cartoon. He named him Rocky because he said he had a Rocky start by falling from a tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Robbie from:

Buddy (04-17-2021)

Great name! Cute photos! Thanks for sharing!

Rocky is a very lucky little squirrel!

Rocky is so cute, thank you for rescuing him!
    It's such a bittersweet situation with releasing.
    He will let you know what he wants, and sometimes after they get a little older and want to have lady friends 🙄 they are no longer a pet and boy they will let you know 😬
    Good luck and your not alone most of us here who ever had to release goes through the same anxiety
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Buddy (04-18-2021)