Thread: Please help! Babies on GME with loose stool!

Exclamation Please help! Babies on GME with loose stool!

So I need your alls help again!! I ordered the FV 20/50. It should be here tomorrow. I have been feeding GME froj 1 week old to now at almost 6 weeks. My two babies started having loose stool this week, and I found out that the GME is not recommended. I ak weighing them and feeding them accordingly so it's not overfeeding. I am hydrating between feedings by giving them warm water. I saw on here that you can give 2 drops of pepto twice a day. I feel like it helps a little but not alot. I feel terrible like I'm feeding them toxic waste giving them the GME while I'm waiting for the fox valley. This morning, when I fed them, they had hard poop stuck on their butt, like it had the rectum completely blocked. I had to keep wiping with warm water to get it off and clear the opening. WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Default Re: Please help! Babies on GME with loose stool!

It sounds like what you’re doing is right. Continue with the pepto and see if it will help you get the loose stool under control. Make sure you wipe their bottoms down so they don’t get sore from feces sitting on them.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (04-17-2021), Kaitlinrose101 (04-16-2021)

Default Re: Please help! Babies on GME with loose stool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    It sounds like what you’re doing is right. Continue with the pepto and see if it will help you get the loose stool under control. Make sure you wipe their bottoms down so they don’t get sore from feces sitting on them.
    Thank you so much for responding!! I feel better now going into tomorrow.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Kaitlinrose101 from:

Buddy (04-17-2021)