Thread: Looking for a rehabber (still/again)

Default Looking for a rehabber (still/again)

Just curious are there any members here not too far from NE MS, that aren’t covered up?

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Tuff (04-14-2021)

Default Re: Looking for a rehabber

What do you mean by “covered up”? Do you mean full with babies?

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Snicker Bar (04-14-2021)

Yes sorry, like not already flooded with too many babies .
    But got a call earlier today and found some help here close to home, that I feel comfortable with ; a person I was once able to help . This is a huge relief and I will be able to stay in touch/donate things , and follow their progress
    This is for the two littles (the malnourished female and a male from tree cutters ) that came early March. I wanted to give them a good head start . I just can’t finish them out; too much going on here with work and the ones I’m already committed to . So all is well for now Thanks!

6. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Chirps (04-15-2021), Diggie's Friend (04-15-2021), Mel1959 (04-15-2021), Nancy in New York (04-15-2021), RockyPops (04-16-2021), stepnstone (04-15-2021), Tuff (04-14-2021)

Well.... So far I haven’t heard back from the person here locally I thought would take these two.
    So just reaching out again; if there are any TSB members here within couple hrs drive , that would be willing to finish their care and soft release process , we would be willing to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Well.... So far I haven’t heard back from the person here locally I thought would take these two.
    So just reaching out again; if there are any TSB members here within couple hrs drive , that would be willing to finish their care and soft release process , we would be willing to travel.
    Where do you live? If it is not too far I can come asap!

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Raisingsquirrels from:

Snicker Bar (04-21-2021)

Default Re: Looking for a rehabber (still/again)

I'm so envious of you all with your babies ready for release. In the words of Forrest Gump, spring here in Quebec is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're going to get. So.... no matter what jacket you pick to go out in the morning, it's the wrong one.

Proof? Two days ago I spent the day working outside in a sleeveless tee-shirt, and this is what I woke up to this morning:

Name:  late snow storm.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  162.6 KB

And now I'm on my way to try to reunite 4 babies with their mom - same man who called me last week after he'd cut some trees and found 3 (was a successful re8nion for those ) ... now at another job site and they cut trees and he found 4 Wish us luck folks
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

11. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Buddy (04-23-2021), Mel1959 (04-21-2021), Snicker Bar (04-21-2021), stepnstone (04-21-2021)

Good luck with the reunification mission!! I hope they don’t suffer hypothermia
    But under your supervision, they will be safe either way... This I know for sure !

And thank you so much for the offer Raisingsquirrels I actually had a member from here help me make a connection, with another TSB member I’m SO relieved and grateful to these two ladies who helped make this happen. Jasper and Petunia will be in new, caring hands this Friday. I so want to continue to be involved with rehabbing, but for now I will donate medical help and supplies as best I can. And maybe feed babies that are still in the “plastic tub” stage . But thank you for offering and I will keep you in mind for the future !

So here we are and I'm happy to announce that the 4 babies have now been reunited with their mom and hopefully are now all nice and warm in a new nest that mom took them to - a more secure one, away from loggers it seems. I don't know what I would've/should've done if the mom had not come back for them. The loggers are going back there early in the morning, with saws, buldozers and all... the poor mom wouldn't have had a chance to come pick them up until the end of the day - if they hadn't died freezing overnight, that is - and again it's supposed to be freezing tomorrow.

Anyway... all is fine now. Four little greys - 2 with eyes closed, 2 eyes open, but momma is black Didn't have a chance to film the reunion, didn't want to risk making noise and scaring the mom. ut trust me, they're in good "paws" tonite

This is the spot where they were... Last week, different place, he'd called us for 3 in a tree trunk too. That reunion worked too.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/wgW6VSe55Kw/edit
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

14. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Buddy (04-23-2021), Chirps (04-22-2021), lukaslolamaus (04-22-2021), Mel1959 (04-23-2021), Snicker Bar (04-22-2021)

The word is out SM! Loggers all over Canada will be talking ... Telling these stories . You will now be known as the leading Lost and Found Squirrel Reunification expert! So keep your pink boots and carrier ready Pink??? Did I say pink?

Great job! I just LOVE reunions!

Yesterday was bittersweet. I was able to meet another amazing member , but also said goodbye to my two littles , Jasper and Petunia. I wasn’t going to go, I knew it would be hard to let them go. But I’m glad I did because meeting their new mom removed all worries. They are in very competent hands and I’m so very grateful to her for finishing their journey to the trees. Someday I may try again , but just need a little break. Thank you so much Mel 1959 for connecting us