Thread: Avocado skin

Default Avocado skin

I'm not sure but my 1 year old fox squirrel may have ingested avocado skin. What symptoms should I watch for that would indicate she has been poisoned? How much avocado skin would she had to eat to make her sick. I've only heard about the skins being toxic but can't find any further information. Please help.

Default Re: Avocado skin

Regurgitation would be a symptom to watch for. I don’t know how much skin is toxic. I’m sure squirrels in the wild chew through the skin and must ingest some in doing so. If you can get her to drink water it will help flush any toxins out of her system.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Buddy (04-13-2021)

Default Re: Avocado skin

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Regurgitation would be a symptom to watch for. I don’t know how much skin is toxic. I’m sure squirrels in the wild chew through the skin and must ingest some in doing so. If you can get her to drink water it will help flush any toxins out of her system.
    Thank you for your concern and advise , I was at a lose. But everything seems fine tofay. She was acting sluggish for a bit last night. But today she seems to be back to her old self. I've always new the skin we're toxic, but never heard in what amounts. She had gotten into a grocery sack on the counter while I was putting other groceries up. It only took her a moment to locate and completely ravish the sack and avocado. I could account for most of the skin but I had no clue to how much would be dangerous to her.

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mommanut:

Buddy (04-14-2021), Mel1959 (04-14-2021)