Thread: Blood in stool...

Default Blood in stool...

i have a 120 g female eastern grey..... she has mostly solid formed stools but the past couple days they’ve been coated in what i can only assume is blood... there is no foul odor.... urinates beautifully... she is eating well, and on fox valley... at least 9 mls every 4-5 hours.... any suggestions??

Default Re: Blood in stool...

What’s the background? When did you get her? Did she fall prior to you taking her in? Did she have diarrhea previously?

It could be a result of a fall or irritation to her intestines.

Monitor her and see if it gets worse.

Default Re: Blood in stool...

I am not OP but I have seen a tiny bit of blood in the stool of our gray squirrel that juuuuuuuuust opened her eyes today. We have had her for almost 3 weeks now. She has only had goat's milk so far. We wanted to mix in Esbilac puppy formula as that has worked well in the past, but we can't find it in any local stores. I read about adding heavy cream and/or yogurt to the goat's milk. So far she has had no trouble at all keeping weight up and has seemed very healthy, so I didn't think heavy cream was necessary. Will the yogurt help with digestive issues perhaps? Her poops have been soft and goldenrod yellow so far, but they seem to have gotten slightly more watery lately.

Another thing that could possibly be relevant: our dog (lab) helps us stimulate her poops and lick her face clean when there's some milk. He has done the same for other squirrels in the past, and it never caused a problem. Just thought it might be relevant that her little but is getting licked by a tongue as big as she is.