Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Show me your books !

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    119
    Thanked: 33

    Default Show me your books !

    Okay so with very little to no luck I am unable to find a rehabber near me so I can volunteer and learn , I have contacted Massachusetts Mass wildlife and they emailed me back with links to study guides which I have downloaded, but it is suggested I read other books .
    Are there any rehabbers in Massachusetts here and can you suggest any books and study guides I should get ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,024
    Thanked: 11871

    Default Re: Show me your books !

    Quote Originally Posted by bednarkim77 View Post
    Okay so with very little to no luck I am unable to find a rehabber near me so I can volunteer and learn , I have contacted Massachusetts Mass wildlife and they emailed me back with links to study guides which I have downloaded, but it is suggested I read other books .
    Are there any rehabbers in Massachusetts here and can you suggest any books and study guides I should get ?
    Wild Mammal Babies! The First 48 Hours and Beyond by Irene Ruth.
    Often referenced as the rehabbers bible, sells out fast...
    https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/ - Sells them but sells out of
    them pretty fast too. They have a notification list you can get on to
    know when she gets more back in.
    Hard to come by, a little expensive but is priceless.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


  3. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

    bednarkim77 (04-04-2021), gunpackingrandma (04-05-2021), island rehabber (04-05-2021), Mel1959 (03-31-2021)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    7,844
    Thanked: 10689

    Default Re: Show me your books !

    My brother-in-law works for US Fish and Wildlife in western MA. I will reach out to him and see if he knows of any rehabbers you could contact.

  5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

    bednarkim77 (04-04-2021), Nancy in New York (04-08-2021), stepnstone (03-31-2021)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    119
    Thanked: 33

    Default Re: Show me your books !

    I added my name to the wish list for "Wild Mammal Babies! The First 48 Hours and Beyond by Irene Ruth" Hopefully soon . I looked it up on Amazon and it says over 600 dollars

  7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to bednarkim77 from:

    stepnstone (04-09-2021)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    City Island, Bronx, NY
    Posts
    50,166
    Thanked: 15559

    Default Re: Show me your books !

    Quote Originally Posted by bednarkim77 View Post
    I added my name to the wish list for "Wild Mammal Babies! The First 48 Hours and Beyond by Irene Ruth" Hopefully soon . I looked it up on Amazon and it says over 600 dollars
    Oh nonononononoo, never! Never should it be more than $100! Someone is trying to make a killing while the book is temporarily unavailable.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator


    "Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo


    *
    If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

    "Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

    '...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

  9. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

    bednarkim77 (04-05-2021), Mel1959 (04-05-2021), Nancy in New York (04-08-2021)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    7,844
    Thanked: 10689

    Default Re: Show me your books !

    If you go to Chrisís Squirrels and More website she has it listed for $60 and you can put your name on a wishlist there as well.

  11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

    bednarkim77 (04-05-2021), Nancy in New York (04-08-2021)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,024
    Thanked: 11871

    Default Re: Show me your books !

    Quote Originally Posted by bednarkim77 View Post
    The First 48 Hours and Beyond by Irene Ruth" Hopefully soon . I looked it up on Amazon and it says over 600 dollars
    I had to check this out... Unbelievable!
    Amazon
    Spiral-bound
    from $768.57
    1 Used from $890.00
    1 New from $768.57

    Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Oh nonononononoo, never! Never should it be more than $100! Someone is trying to make a killing while the book is temporarily unavailable.
    Likely the same greedy azz type that were hoarding toilet paper and asking $10.00 a roll.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


  13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

    bednarkim77 (04-10-2021)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •