Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squirrel With Possible Urine Scald?

Default Re: Squirrel With Possible Urine Scald?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Thank you for the thanks, but I never heard back from my vet....which is disappointing. . I guess all that matters is that Jacob is getting better.
    Oh, please don't worry about it. It's okay. I know how busy all vets are. A lot of them probably get asked all kinds of things outside of office visits that they just don't have the time to answer, or can't answer, unless they actually physically examine the animal in their office. It was still very kind of you to send the pictures. I would have had to just take Jacob in to my own vet, anyhow, if the Silvadene hadn't helped him. Most definitely, the most important thing is that Jacob is getting better.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bella's Mom from:

Mel1959 (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    So sorry to hear about Bella! If it helps any, you were doing everything you can in the best way you know how! You loved her more than anything! That's something that Bella will always have and carry with! And not every squirrel gets that much love!

Also agree that if the risk was there in your yard, she might have gotten that anyways... And maybe her sickness and passing away would be a lot worse... We just don't know these things. You had the best intentions and great love! That's what matters to help grow a soul!

Great news about Jacob!
    I know you are both right that the risk was still in my yard, and Bella may have eaten contaminated dandelion greens at some point, anyhow. I try my best not to beat myself up about it. Some days are harder than others not to do that. But it definitely taught me a lesson in how careful I have to be when it comes to caring for my fur babies. At least I learned something from that tragic experience. I actually rescued Jacob just 24 days before Bella passed away. I hadn’t yet given Jacob any dandelion greens from my yard. But had I not researched and found the answer as to how Bella got liver cirrhosis, I would have just ended up giving Jacob those same dandelion greens, too, without rinsing them off. After I figured out how Bella got sick to begin with, I just decided not to give Jacob dandelion greens at all, even if I thoroughly rinsed them off first. I feel that it’s still just too risky.

I sometimes think Bella was meant to be on this earth only for a short period of time. I have always had great compassion, love, and respect for animals. Animals mean the world to me. But Bella taught me so much more about compassion, not only for animals, but for humans, as well. Bella taught me so much about what real, unconditional, true love is and how to love and be loved like that. I love ALL my fur babies the same, both past and present. But Bella and I had a very special, strong, amazing, close bond that I have never had with any other animal, before or since then, or any other human, for that matter. I really and truly believe it was no accident, or me just being in the right place at the right time, that Bella was placed in my path. I believe I was meant to rescue her, all along, and that she was placed in my life to teach me something. And when she was finished teaching me everything she was sent here to teach me, I guess, maybe, she had to go then. Maybe she is somewhere else now, teaching someone else lessons they need to learn. Bella changed my life forever, in the best ways possible. And I also truly believe she and I will be reunited again someday, and get to be together again forever!❤

Yes, it is such great news about Jacob! I couldn't be more thrilled that the Silvadene is helping him so much!❤

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Would I lie? I have been pushing this stuff for years -- something everyone should have in their medicine cabinet for ALL mammals in the house, including the humans.
    I most definitely agree! Before now, I had never even heard of Silvadene...AND this is exactly why I am a member of TSB!! Most of what I have learned about squirrels and squirrel care, I learned here at TSB. TSB is the FIRST place I start looking if I need help with something regarding squirrels or need CORRECT information about squirrels and any part of their care. TSB is the most invaluable resource I have found regarding squirrels and their proper care.❤

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Bella's Mom:

island rehabber (04-06-2021), Mel1959 (04-06-2021)

Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12