Thread: My 6 week old squirrel hasn't poop from last 3 days on stimuting

Default My 6 week old squirrel hasn't poop from last 3 days on stimuting

My baby squirrel is now 6 week old but she hasn't poop from last 3 days and now her feeding quantity is also reduced she don't eat much pls help

Default Re: My 6 week old squirrel hasn't poop from last 3 days on stimuting

Quote Originally Posted by Aman malhotra View Post
    My baby squirrel is now 6 week old but she hasn't poop from last 3 days and now her feeding quantity is also reduced she don't eat much pls help
    What all have you been feeding?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Diluted cow milk
    Lukewarm Water with salt and sugar
    But recently I gave her roasted wheat floor with milk

Default My 6week old squirrel is constpating

My 6 week old palm squirrel hasn't poop for last three days even after stimulation I feed her diluted cow milk ,lukewarm water with a pinch of salt and sugar but recently as a home made cerlac I started giving him roasted wheat floor 2-3 pinch with diluted cow milk pls help what should I do now 😿😿

Default Re: My 6week old squirrel is constpating

Do you have prune juice or apple juice? You can give either one to it but dilute it with water first. Give some slightly sweetened water in between normal feeding times.

You can also hold it in warm water up to its armpits and gently massage the abdomen in a downward motion. Make sure he’s warm and dry afterwards. Rub a little olive or coconut oil around his rectum.

Stop the wheat flour, it might be too binding for him.

Do you have access to goats milk instead of cows milk? Here’s the recipe for homemade goats milk formula: 3 parts fresh goats milk, 1 part heavy whipping cream and 1 part full fat yogurt. The goats milk is better for them than cows milk.

Is there any type of powdered puppy formula available in pet stores there?

I responded on your other thread.

Default Re: My 6week old squirrel is constpating

I don't have any type of juices that you have suggested can I give her the fresh juice of apple and I do give her water I also rubbed her belly while dipping her in lukewarm water but nothing works that's why I am worried I already stopped giving her wheat I feed her with fresh grapes juice now he refuse to drink milk after having grapes juice

Ok

FYI: Both threads have been merged together here.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Mel1959 (03-29-2021)

Do you have mineral oil in your country?

Here’s a picture of what I’m referring to.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Aman malhotra View Post
    But recently I gave her roasted wheat floor with milk
    Wheat causes constipation for squirrels. Grains in general are bad for squirrels. Baby food cereals are also often going to contain wheat as the most common ingredient, so avoid those as well.

Have you tried whole milk, plain Greek Yogurt?

(The yogurt should have no added sugars or fruit. Those types usually have too many grams of sugar.) If you warm the yogurt up to body temperature it become pretty liquid. Just give it a drop at a time.

As long as the squirrel remains hydrated the constipation should hopefully resolve on its own.

I have home made yogurt should I use coconut oil instead of mineral oil

I did a little research and it appears coconut oil may help. Do you know what your squirrel weighs? Since it’s a palm squirrel I’m going to assume he’s pretty small. Try giving .1cc of liquified coconut oil and see if that helps. Continue to provide lots of water to drink. Do the warm water soaks and massages of his belly.

She finally poops 😃
    Pls suggest me what should I feed her so that it not happens again she is 6 week old

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Aman malhotra:

Buddy (03-31-2021), Rock Monkey (03-31-2021)

Yay! Don’t feed any wheat flour or grains. Here is the link for the recipe for homemade goats milk formula. If you can get these ingredients, we know that squirrels can survive on it. https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...06#post1299706

Each one makes a different amount.

Can you get any type of hard extruded rat block? Like this https://www.chewy.com/oxbow-garden-s...xoCi84QAvD_BwE

Or monkey biscuits like this? https://www.mazuri.com/mazuri/primat...nch-20-biscuit

These are the types of food she should eat when she no longer wants milk. They are fed along with some fresh veggies from the feeding chart. https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...5&d=1391033425

I know things are limited in your country but this will give you an idea of the types of food to feed. You can also provide natural foods that you see other palm squirrels eat in the wild.

18. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (04-01-2021), Chirps (03-31-2021), Rock Monkey (03-31-2021), stepnstone (03-31-2021)

Thanks I will try to get this items