Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack ran away last night...

SkwerlGirl Guest

Unhappy Jack ran away last night...

I don't know what to do ya'll...

He took off like a bat out of hell last night...that was 6:30...searched til 10:00...no sign of him. He ran into the woods...no sign of him....

I'm worried sick...what should I do?? Cage is left open, pecans everywhere...still no sign of my booger....??

Please help...?

Default Re: Jack ran away last night...

I bet he's out having the time of his life. He will be back, I can't say when but he will be back. I had one run off and didn't see him for a month. Now he comes by every day.
    "If God Brings You To It, He Will Bring You Thru It!!"

Without compassion, nothing else really matters

SkwerlGirl Guest

Still no sign of him. I'll keep the thread updated if I see any signs of him. So far, nothing.

I know how you feel, I think it is most definately mating season right now. the girls are in heat..I've been watching them around here all day. 4-5 boy squirrels after 1 girl! I haven't saw my Pearly in 5 days now and I am about out of my mind! Your Jack will be back!

Jack get your behinny home so your mom won't be so worried. I know exactly what your feeling and it's horrible, stressful, tearful, painful but yet hopeful. Jack will be back but only when he's ready. I bet he's out chasing cute little girly squirrels right now. He knows where his mom is and that he is very loved and they don't ever forget that. Prayers going out that Jack shows up so you can see he's ok.

These little ones will just be the death of us I swear...How frightening when they do that...I too had that happen...unfortuantely his story made it on the evening news...my hand to God...
    It was a day in January a couple of years ago...He loved my husband and was like glue with Rich...anyway it was 68 that day and I said lets take Bobby out on the deck...he won't go anywhere...BOOM he took off and was not seen again that night. Next morning, around 11:00 all of a sudden there is Bobby!!!
    A couple of days later, my friend called to see if I heard about a squirrel attacking somebody in my neighborhood; she had read that in the paper...NO way!!! She got a different paper from us so that is why we never saw it. Well she read the street and it was off by one letter...instead of Fort they had Ford street, which is actually about a 1/2 mile away from me...plus Bobby would never attack anyone!!! So I never gave it a second thought...even though I did think it was strange for a squirrel to attack!!!!
    Long story short...Hubby's boss emailed him an article from some months back about our neighbor who also worked where hubby works ...We clicked it on and they were interviewing our neighbor two doors down who was "attacked" by a squirrel...no bites or anything...He said that he ran up on his shoulders and was frantic to get into the house when the guy tried retreating to it...finally he shoved him off, got in the house to get a have a heart trap, and he said luckily he had walnuts to put in the trap...but the squirrel never came back. He went to the hospital in case the squirrel had rabies because when he was climbing up him...he scratched his legs.... I know for a fact that was our Bobby...what other squirrel runs up your shoulder and wants to get inside. And the news report was done the day after Bobby went waltzing off...which would have been the day the guy got "attacked"... If we had heard about it that day, we would have told him oh don't worry he has been inside all this time. BUT we were told that if we had in fact done that, and the guy wanted to press it, he could have had Bobby confiscated and tested for rabies...
    But bottom line....Bobby came back...Jack will too

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

RockyPops (03-31-2021)

any sightings yet skwerl girl? I myself have been in the woods around my house looking for my girly all day.. It can be hard to tell from afar..it's a terrible feeling I know..have had it for 5 days now..praying you get a sight of him.

Nancy, that is one of the FUNNIEST stories I have read here! Please COME home Jack so your Momma doesn't feel so SAD!

SkwerlGirl Guest

Jack came home this morning!!!! Will post more soon as I can, but he's okay. Bloody face (expected) and exhausted, and thirsty!!!! Poor baby. I did shut him back up so he can regain strength and feel safe. Bless his heart. THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts and prayers!! They worked!!!

[QUOTE=SkwerlGirl]Jack came home this morning!!!! Will post more soon as I can, but he's okay. Bloody face (expected) and exhausted, and thirsty!!!! Poor baby. I did shut him back up so he can regain strength and feel safe. Bless his heart. THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts and prayers!! They worked!!![/QUOTE

Thank God he is home ...perhaps a little rescue remedy if he is fighting the rest part of this....

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

RockyPops (03-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNut
    Nancy, that is one of the FUNNIEST stories I have read here! Please COME home Jack so your Momma doesn't feel so SAD!

I tried to save the video where they were interviewing our neighbor...but the only thing it saved was the lead story title which was "Squirrels gone wild in Rotterdam...."

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

RockyPops (03-31-2021)

Thank God, Jack came home! Hope he recovers FAST! Poor baby!

Yes, Nancy I am still SMILING re: your story!

:wottglad Jack Jack is home sweet home!!

Nancy that is hysterical.....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

great news SqwerlGirl, was hoping to read some good news about Jack and now we got it.

Silly boy- maybe he'll think twice about leaving the saftey of his mommy next time!
    [I]An ambassador for squirrels everywhere.[/I]

I am sooooooo glad he is back home, safe and sound. He must have had some kind of adventure but I hope he DOES NOT repeat it. EVER.

Great News --- Jack is Back

Can't be More Happy ---for YOU

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING

So happy that Jack returned! I have a question though that might be silly, you said that his face was bloody and that was to be expected. Why?

Happy for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annya26
    So happy that Jack returned! I have a question though that might be silly, you said that his face was bloody and that was to be expected. Why?

Happy for you!!
    Because the first thing they usually do is get into a fight with a wild squirrel. (It's breeding season right now, which makes it worse.) And the wild squirrel almost always wins.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.