Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: Squirrels being poisoned

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Out On a Limb!
    Posts
    1,070
    Thanked: 154

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Just found this thread. So sad.
    I have personally experienced many of my wild squirrels being poisoned and I believe it is a very potent water resistant, fast acting, brodifacoum for which there is no treatment.
    Was not able to get anyone to care much.
    Terribly heartbreaking.

    But you say that you spoke to her. What I find missing in this.. is what your conversation was like: IE: WHY does she hate them so.? Why kill them?. Does she fear them?
    Does she enjoy animals suffering? Can she imagine the pain and fear they experience. Does she have family, children, pets? Does she hate them as well ?
    Does she seem to have no ability to empathize with others ?

    In my situation, I was not able to find who was doing the poisoning. But with you, i mean is there any hope of communication?
    Can you get on her good side.
    Buy her something she likes, or befriend her, maybe suggest having coffee, or something, get chummy and try to get inside her head.
    Find some reason to get her to let you on her property so you can in some way alter her behavior.
    Maybe she could be "educated"? Maye she has other mental problems.
    Maybe this is only a symptom of other harm she is capable of ?

  2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to BigNibbler:

    Chirps (04-19-2021), sundoesshine (04-18-2021)

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    2,648
    Thanked: 2736

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    If she was friendly I would say to advise her to use human male urine around the perimeter of her yard.

    For this purpose, spraying a stream of white vinegar in a line which acts as a scent barrier between the squirrels and where you don't want them to go, has worked to put off raccoon and chipmunks crossing this scent barrier. It's inexpensive and readily available; also it's not biological, so there can be no complaint in that regard. It's worth a try.

  4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Diggie's Friend:

    BCChins (04-19-2021), Buddy (04-20-2021), Snicker Bar (04-19-2021)

  5. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Diggie's Friend View Post
    If she was friendly I would say to advise her to use human male urine around the perimeter of her yard.

    For this purpose, spraying a stream of white vinegar in a line which acts as a scent barrier between the squirrels and where you don't want them to go, has worked to put off raccoon and chipmunks crossing this scent barrier. It's inexpensive and readily available; also it's not biological, so there can be no complaint in that regard. It's worth a try.
    Wait, what? Male urine? Is it that specific? I just so far have the fox urine purchased, but not sure how effective it is.

  6. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNibbler View Post
    Just found this thread. So sad.
    I have personally experienced many of my wild squirrels being poisoned and I believe it is a very potent water resistant, fast acting, brodifacoum for which there is no treatment.
    Was not able to get anyone to care much.
    Terribly heartbreaking.

    But you say that you spoke to her. What I find missing in this.. is what your conversation was like: IE: WHY does she hate them so.? Why kill them?. Does she fear them?
    Does she enjoy animals suffering? Can she imagine the pain and fear they experience. Does she have family, children, pets? Does she hate them as well ?
    Does she seem to have no ability to empathize with others ?

    In my situation, I was not able to find who was doing the poisoning. But with you, i mean is there any hope of communication?
    Can you get on her good side.
    Buy her something she likes, or befriend her, maybe suggest having coffee, or something, get chummy and try to get inside her head.
    Find some reason to get her to let you on her property so you can in some way alter her behavior.
    Maybe she could be "educated"? Maye she has other mental problems.
    Maybe this is only a symptom of other harm she is capable of ?

    So we found out it's way worse.. She is not poisoning. She is live trapping and not touching them till they die in the trap. I was giving my updates in this thread, if you have the time - check it out.. As for her reasoning, she's one of those that hates everything that messes with her green lawn. Her complaints - they eat her bird seed (yes, dumass has bird feeders), they dug up bulbs, they stole her apples. She is a wicked liar too. She told to my face she's done trapping and she lied. She also lied to the cops she didn't know how the dead animals got there. Then she confessed that she did it. She's a pathetic old liar. There's no reasoning with her. I just want to spray her yard with some stuff so hopefully squirrels go away..

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Out On a Limb!
    Posts
    1,070
    Thanked: 154

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Please try to feel good that you are a special person in this cold cruel world. There is so much suffering and evil, always has been. At times like this, the only comfort I have ever found was to realize that in the scheme of things over our world history, these specially talented animals are not alone in how they continue to be treated, how love, talent, insight, sensitivity and capability are so often punished by those who either don't or don't care to measure up!

    Yes, I have read all of your entire thread before I posted. Sorry if I missed something.
    In my personal opinion, favoring birds over mammals, and grass over sentient squirrels is a sign of mental illness and ignorant prejudices.

    Try to find beauty some place else. Perhaps in a different squirrel not under her purview.
    And consider that at this very moment, in countless other lots of land all over these fifty states, and all over the world, there are countless animals, and people, suffering for want of a little compassion and caring.

    If you are able to get the community involved. If you can get media coverage. Then possibly the combination of unwanted publicity and multiple government agency interviews, might have some small affect on her.

    Otherwise, she is just pulling you down and making you suffer too. You won't have any affect on her life. The only thing you can do, is limit the affect she has on yours!


    Quote Originally Posted by baklagan View Post
    So we found out it's way worse.. She is not poisoning. She is live trapping and not touching them till they die in the trap. I was giving my updates in this thread, if you have the time - check it out.. As for her reasoning, she's one of those that hates everything that messes with her green lawn. Her complaints - they eat her bird seed (yes, dumass has bird feeders), they dug up bulbs, they stole her apples. She is a wicked liar too. She told to my face she's done trapping and she lied. She also lied to the cops she didn't know how the dead animals got there. Then she confessed that she did it. She's a pathetic old liar. There's no reasoning with her. I just want to spray her yard with some stuff so hopefully squirrels go away..

  8. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,346
    Thanked: 800

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    I'm so upset with your @#$!@ neighbor as well 🤬
    If you can prove it that she is trapping and letting them die will authorities like human society take over? Wouldn't that classify as animal abuse?
    Then again we are dealing with the freaking government😡
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

  9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

    Buddy (04-20-2021)

  10. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    111
    Thanked: 116

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    Wouldn't that classify as animal abuse?
    Is your neighborhood on Next Door? If so, might be a way to find others to collectively pressure/shame her into more humane efforts. And if she is not it, just leave print outs of posts on her door.

    I worked for a manager at goodwill no less, who sticky trapped mice. (I can't believe you can even buy them). How a human can't figure out that being stuck to tape until death isn't humane is unfathomable. We complained to her boss and he took her side and bullied the accuser. So we just put some dust on the traps so they weren't sticky and it worked great, the a hole had no clue.

  11. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by sundoesshine View Post
    Is your neighborhood on Next Door? If so, might be a way to find others to collectively pressure/shame her into more humane efforts. And if she is not it, just leave print outs of posts on her door.

    I worked for a manager at goodwill no less, who sticky trapped mice. (I can't believe you can even buy them). How a human can't figure out that being stuck to tape until death isn't humane is unfathomable. We complained to her boss and he took her side and bullied the accuser. So we just put some dust on the traps so they weren't sticky and it worked great, the a hole had no clue.

    She is not. I am, but it's my real name and I don't know if I want to blast it all over, so ppl know who I am.. I'd be afraid of retaliation whether from her or her family.. Plus, not all neighbors here like widlife, so I might be labeled as the crazy.

  12. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    I'm so upset with your @#$!@ neighbor as well 🤬
    If you can prove it that she is trapping and letting them die will authorities like human society take over? Wouldn't that classify as animal abuse?
    Then again we are dealing with the freaking government😡
    Yes, I have proof... I have her confession on tape (recorded her with a phone). I have pictures too of the animals showing how she tortured them.

    Everything was shared with the cops and the humane society. She wasn't prosecuted.

  13. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    111
    Thanked: 116

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by baklagan View Post
    She is not. I am, but it's my real name and I don't know if I want to blast it all over, so ppl know who I am.. I'd be afraid of retaliation whether from her or her family.. Plus, not all neighbors here like widlife, so I might be labeled as the crazy.
    Yeah, you're right, just like I was certain my mgr would be the one in the wrong, it was actually us that was kind of reprimanded.

  14. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by sundoesshine View Post
    Yeah, you're right, just like I was certain my mgr would be the one in the wrong, it was actually us that was kind of reprimanded.
    Is there a way to do this anonymously on next door or other websites maybe similar to?

  15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to baklagan:

    Buddy (04-20-2021), sundoesshine (04-20-2021)

  16. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    2,648
    Thanked: 2736

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Rodents have an acute sense of smell. Tree squirrels are territorial; for them, scents can send a strong message of a predator in the area.

    White vinegar is a good source to try and see if the squirrels react to crossing over a line of this scent. Preferably not just one line of it, and then here and there in the area to send a strong message.

    If it were a matter of keeping a predator away from a release cage, I would also use white vinegar to keep them at a distance from the cage, just not super close to the cage as to not upset the squirrels.

    Human male urine can of course be used on your own property; yet is a concern to use it on another's property due to laws about biologics due to disease issues.

  17. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Diggie's Friend View Post
    Rodents have an acute sense of smell. Tree squirrels are territorial; for them, scents can send a strong message of a predator in the area.

    White vinegar is a good source to try and see if the squirrels react to crossing over a line of this scent. Preferably not just one line of it, and then here and there in the area to send a strong message.

    If it were a matter of keeping a predator away from a release cage, I would also use white vinegar to keep them at a distance from the cage, just not super close to the cage as to not upset the squirrels.

    Human male urine can of course be used on your own property; yet is a concern to use it on another's property due to laws about biologics due to disease issues.
    So we tried the urine.. Not male though if it makes a huge difference. The squirrels still out. LOL. Maybe fox urine next? If that even works? And vinegar might be good to try..

  18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to baklagan from:

    Diggie's Friend (04-21-2021)

  19. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,346
    Thanked: 800

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by baklagan View Post
    Yes, I have proof... I have her confession on tape (recorded her with a phone). I have pictures too of the animals showing how she tortured them.

    Everything was shared with the cops and the humane society. She wasn't prosecuted.
    The problem is the system is broken 😡
    How can they not care what she is doing, heartless SOB'S I actually have other words for all of them but not appropriate to post 😒
    I'm so sorry your going through this, it just sucks all the way around
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14


    The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

    I'm not poof reading any of this

  20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

    jessijuju (05-04-2021)

  21. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    The problem is the system is broken 😡
    How can they not care what she is doing, heartless SOB'S I actually have other words for all of them but not appropriate to post 😒
    I'm so sorry your going through this, it just sucks all the way around
    Well, I am not quitting so she'll be stopped or I will continue to be a pain in the a$$!

  22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to baklagan from:

    jessijuju (05-04-2021)

  23. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by baklagan View Post
    Well, I am not quitting so she'll be stopped or I will continue to be a pain in the a$$!
    Hey guys, I saw this weird object today in there, looks like a brown bowl type of thing. It's new. Could it be poison? I can try attaching a pic but the pic is from far away

  24. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by baklagan View Post
    Hey guys, I saw this weird object today in there, looks like a brown bowl type of thing. It's new. Could it be poison? I can try attaching a pic but the pic is from far away
    Does anyone know, what the heck is that? Brown bowl looking thing, right where grass ends.. On pavement. It's new!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  25. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Out On a Limb!
    Posts
    1,070
    Thanked: 154

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    I downloaded and zoomed in, but cannot see ... blurry all over. tried. Are their still squirrels around? Hope you yourself are having some better days.

  26. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Suburb of Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNibbler View Post
    I downloaded and zoomed in, but cannot see ... blurry all over. tried. Are their still squirrels around? Hope you yourself are having some better days.
    There are a few yes. Sorry, I wouldn't put anything past her now, so I am being paranoid! No, I am not that well - I am quite upset nobody even cited her. She might just go back to trapping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •