Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Squirrels being poisoned

Default Re: Squirrels being poisoned

Just a thought: traps have no time stamp. LIE. Tell the authorities it's been 4 days.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Chirps (03-18-2021), jessijuju (04-12-2021)

All of the dead squirrels had this fur loss pattern on their faces?

Quote Originally Posted by baklagan View Post
    They weren't nursing moms I think. I am going to attach what she's doing to these animals. What do you think it is? Sorry it's a bit graphic.
    Animal control is investigating it. So they told me. If poison is involved, she'd have to stop!
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    All of the dead squirrels had this fur loss pattern on their faces?
    Yes, so the old hag admitted that she's deliberately doing this and they die in traps. Yes, all squirrels were like that.

Also, I feel like nobody is going to care. Cruelty is cruelty, but to the authorities it's a rodent. I tried DNR and so far nothing.

Do you think she'd be agreeable to letting you take them and relocate them? Better than what's happening to them now.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

TubeDriver (03-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Chirps View Post

Do you think she'd be agreeable to letting you take them and relocate them? Better than what's happening to them now.
    I don't know. I wanted the authorities talk to her first. Maybe she's crazy! I think asking her is worth the shot. I am hoping that law enforcement would interfere but I am not so sure what if anything will be done. I feel it's sad, she tortures them for days and she should stop. It's just cruel! It's animal abuse and animal cruelty. How to get authorities to really care, that I don't know. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirps View Post

Talked to her today. She didn't want help. However, I wonder what to do now as I got more evidence. I recorded her as she told me everything she does to these animals. She traps them outside, not even in the garage. Then she waits till they die in the traps and throws the bodies to the crows. She claims she's done but I don't believe her. That's pure evil.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to baklagan from:

Chirps (03-21-2021)

I’d move forward and share your recording with wildlife officials and see what they recommend. I’m not sure what the laws are in your state but the wildlife officers should know.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Chirps (03-21-2021)

Intentionally leaving animals in cages till they die is animal cruelty. I would call the cops.

Talked to her today. She didn't want help. However, I wonder what to do now as I got more evidence. I recorded her as she told me everything she does to these animals. She traps them outside, not even in the garage. Then she waits till they die in the traps and throws the bodies to the crows. She claims she's done but I don't believe her. That's pure evil.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

13. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Chirps (03-21-2021), jessijuju (04-12-2021), Mel1959 (03-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I’d move forward and share your recording with wildlife officials and see what they recommend. I’m not sure what the laws are in your state but the wildlife officers should know.
    Unfortunately, they don't want to deal with this as I called several times and talked to the supervisor even. I got new evidence yesterday, so they will be getting a call from me tomorrow again and also a written update. As for the cops, no they didn't do anything. They figure they have better issues to deal with than dying animals.

15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to baklagan:

Chirps (03-21-2021), Mel1959 (03-21-2021)

Three suggestions...
    #1.- Contact your health department.
    Creating and leaving dead carcasses lying around creates a health issue.
    #2.- Contact Animal rights activists.
    #3. - Create a factual story and post everything on the (open) internet.
    Make it go viral!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

17. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Buddy (03-30-2021), Chirps (03-22-2021), Jeltje (03-28-2021), jessijuju (04-12-2021), Mel1959 (03-21-2021)

With the video and audio evidence you now have of her admitting she leaves animals in traps to die, law enforcement may become more interested.

19. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Misch:

Chirps (03-22-2021), Mel1959 (03-21-2021), TubeDriver (03-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Misch View Post
    With the video and audio evidence you now have of her admitting she leaves animals in traps to die, law enforcement may become more interested.
    This is where the internet can be most beneficial...
    It goes beyond the eyes of the establishment that chooses to ignore
    and puts it in the face of the public that will demand responsibility.

Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

21. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Buddy (03-30-2021), Chirps (03-22-2021), jessijuju (04-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    This is where the internet can be most beneficial...
    It goes beyond the eyes of the establishment that chooses to ignore
    and puts it in the face of the public that will demand responsibility.

How do you suggest I do it? I am not really into PR and social media, I don't even know! I am going to reach out to some groups, maybe someone will be interested to help. I walked past her house again, 2 days in a row now (on her property) and didn't see the trap there. Who knows if it returns. I also worry she's going to catch on that I am stalking her!

Animal activist groups may be able to help, PETA is one that comes to mind. I’d start there and maybe they can direct you to someone that is more regional that could help. The upside of her being aware that you are watching her is that she may be less likely to continue trapping them. She knows she’s on the authorities radar.

24. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

stepnstone (03-22-2021), sundoesshine (03-22-2021)

Animal activist groups may be able to help, PETA is one that comes to mind. I’d start there and maybe they can direct you to someone that is more regional that could help. The upside of her being aware that you are watching her is that she may be less likely to continue trapping them. She knows she’s on the authorities radar.
    Well, sadly PETA at this point is not doing anything. They jsut want me to watch it. Of course this lady lives in a castle like home, so for me to see what's going on over there is super hard, I'd be breaking the law climbing over there. It's quite sad. I called a local rehabber here too and they turned me away, good luck... Not many animal activists here in rural MN.

Find someone to help you post the whole thing on the internet, as Stepnstone suggested. Pictures are worth a thousand words and the ones you have are disturbing. I think folks will be outraged.

Did you call ASPCA?

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

stepnstone (03-22-2021)

Find someone to help you post the whole thing on the internet, as Stepnstone suggested. Pictures are worth a thousand words and the ones you have are disturbing. I think folks will be outraged.

Did you call ASPCA?
    We don't have ASPCA here. I live west of the Twin Cities, kind of a suburban/rural area. I only know of PETA. I need help getting this out there. I feel being shut down everywhere as of now!

ASPCA is nationwide. Go to ASPCA.org. Click on the contact us tab. There is a link for reporting animal cruelty outside of New York. Once you report it to them, if they come back to you and say they don’t deal with wildlife or something like that, then ask for directive on who to contact....other than the folks you already have.

I am not computer literate enough to direct you on how to make your story go viral. Young adults are the ones that have that skill. I will reach out to my daughter she might be able to guide you.

I spoke to my daughter. She is an animal advocate and is willing to walk you through how to post the information on the internet in the hopes it’ll go “viral”. I will send you her phone number in a private message.

Edit: daughters contact info sent in a pm. I hope it’ll make a difference.

31. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (03-31-2021), Chirps (03-22-2021), jessijuju (04-12-2021)

I spoke to my daughter. She is an animal advocate and is willing to walk you through how to post the information on the internet in the hopes it’ll go “viral”. I will send you her phone number in a private message.

Edit: daughters contact info sent in a pm. I hope it’ll make a difference.
    Thank you again. We connected. I will call her tomorrow morning. Also, little update - seems like the sheriff dept investigated. I gave them all the evidence I had, which is enough to prosecute her. I don't know if they will or not, but I did the best I could. They probably won't over a squirrel as they told me, but I will be following up. I have her confessing on tape to what she's done, so it's a pretty solid case against her. In addition, I have photos.

33. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to baklagan:

Grinderhead (03-22-2021), jessijuju (04-12-2021), Mel1959 (03-23-2021), stepnstone (03-23-2021), TubeDriver (06-16-2021)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast