Thread: Looking for a Rehabber near Los Angeles,CA

Default Looking for a Rehabber near Los Angeles,CA

A friend's friend found a appx 5 week old fox squirrel on Tuesday. I managed to get her from her Wednesday after my friend contacted me, since I rehabbed a squirrel successfully last year.
    It's been cold and rainy the last couple of days, so the squirrels in my area (LA County) don't tend to go out.

On the Wednesday I got her from the gal, I spent 4 hours playing the baby cry video clip, with no squirrel sighting. At some point I heard another baby a few times, but could not pin-point where the cries were coming from, since they were very short. The area is very noisy due to traffic and it was extremely windy, so that didn't help.

I am going to attempt again this weekend, but in the case I cannot reunite her with her mom, I am seeking a rehabber to be on standby to take her on.

I have too many trips planned out this year, so I don't have the decent time to raise her (my last boss was understanding and let me have time to the other guy, my new boss isn't as understanding)

I will provide some Fox Valley formula I purchased if you take her on as well as can provide food, as long as the license rehabber takes her on

Default Re: Looking for a Rehabber near Los Angeles,CA

I don’t think I’d wait for the weekend to go back and try to find a sibling. It may be too late to save it by then. Here’s one, but I don’t know where they’re located. TriCounty Wildlife. hotline: 209-283-3245 or direct line 510-862-3417. They might be able to assist you with someone closer if they’re a distance from you.

I also found this doing a Google search. http://www.animaladvocates.us/ Mary Cummins is in Los Angeles. 323-651-1336

The squirrel is being taken care of by me, but I have no way of reuniting yesterday and today. It's been raining here and I get out of work late. Squirrels usually aren't seen by 4pm in my area.

She is being fed and taken care of, so it's not like she has been starving this whole time. I just have not had success with finding a squirrel.

I attempted 4 hours the day after the gal found the squirrel with no other squirrel sightings or success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I don’t think I’d wait for the weekend to go back and try to find a sibling. It may be too late to save it by then. Here’s one, but I don’t know where they’re located. TriCounty Wildlife. hotline: 209-283-3245 or direct line 510-862-3417. They might be able to assist you with someone closer if they’re a distance from you.

I also found this doing a Google search. http://www.animaladvocates.us/ Mary Cummins is in Los Angeles. 323-651-1336

Rehabber on Standby has been found.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RooRoo View Post
    The squirrel is being taken care of by me, but I have no way of reuniting yesterday and today. It's been raining here and I get out of work late. Squirrels usually aren't seen by 4pm in my area.

She is being fed and taken care of, so it's not like she has been starving this whole time. I just have not had success with finding a squirrel.

I attempted 4 hours the day after the gal found the squirrel with no other squirrel sightings or success.
    I was referring to going back to look for the other baby squirrel you thought you heard but couldn’t locate. Reuniting at this late date will probably not happen.