Thread: Need help with releasing 9 month grey squirrel any rehabbers in Oregon or Washington?

Default Need help with releasing 9 month grey squirrel any rehabbers in Oregon or Washington?

I’m terrified to try to properly release my squirrel, lots of cats, dogs and people in my neighborhood.
    I want this sweet squirrel to have the best possible life.
    This is the only squirrel I’ve ever had, I poured over this message board to make sure I’ve raised him/her properly I can’t tell for sure the sex.
    My son found squirrel in August maybe 5 weeks old thriving now but I don’t know if I have it in me to release him, I think if anyone can give me guidance and suggestions or if there is anyone close to me that has other squirrels ready for pre release I’d love some help.

Default Re: Need help with releasing 9 month grey squirrel any rehabbers in Oregon or Washing

Are you near Vancouver, Washington? We have a wonderful member who has a squirrel refuge there. Maybe he can help or knows of someone who can. His name is Michael and you can reach his refuge at 360-836-0955.

There’s also a member in Kirkland, WA that might be able to help. Let me know if that’s close to you and I’ll send you the contact info in a private message.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Chirps (03-10-2021), Squirrelmama1 (03-11-2021)

Default Re: Need help with releasing 9 month grey squirrel any rehabbers in Oregon or Washing

You can also send an email to a member in Oregon. She might be able to help. Gretlethered@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Are you near Vancouver, Washington? We have a wonderful member who has a squirrel refuge there. Maybe he can help or knows of someone who can. His name is Michael and you can reach his refuge at 360-836-0955.

There’s also a member in Kirkland, WA that might be able to help. Let me know if that’s close to you and I’ll send you the contact info in a private message.
    Thank you so much, I’m very close to Vancouver I will definitely call him.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Squirrelmama1 from:

Mel1959 (03-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post

I’ve left a message at the refuge in Vancouver and I’m waiting for a call back.
    If you could please direct me to any other members who live in Oregon or Washington I’d appreciate it.

Send an email to gretlethered@gmail.com. She is in Oregon.