Thread: Fam, I need your tricks and advise

Default Fam, I need your tricks and advise

Hello everyone,

As you may know, I have had Moby since he was only 5 weeks old, I raised him for almost 7 years now. He is today as crazy and active as he was when he was one- The company I work for is now requesting that all work from home employees start working from the office 3 days a week starting the third week of this month, this came to me as a shock as I never left him alone for more than a few house in the cage when I had to go run to the stores or some social event but nothing like this. He has never spent more than 5 hours at most in his cage and that would happen maybe twice a month, now with this change I will have to cage him at least 8 hours, 3 days a week when I go to work which again I am already so scared of and super nervous about

I know some of you are the same way, but since I rescued him I never took "vacation" or just been out all day b.c I would feel bad for leaving him and worried.

Now that I must work from the office I am so nervous as it will be something completely new for him.

For those of you that work from an office, or just in general leave your dude/gal caged daily as you go out for long hours- HOW DO YOU DO THIS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RamiS:

Buddy (03-03-2021), jenny777 (03-03-2021), lukaslolamaus (03-04-2021), Mel1959 (03-03-2021), Scooterzmom (03-03-2021)

Default Re: Fam, I need your tricks and advise

Quote Originally Posted by RamiS View Post
    Hello everyone,

As you may know, I have had Moby since he was only 5 weeks old, I raised him for almost 7 years now. He is today as crazy and active as he was when he was one- The company I work for is now requesting that all work from home employees start working from the office 3 days a week starting the third week of this month, this came to me as a shock as I never left him alone for more than a few house in the cage when I had to go run to the stores or some social event but nothing like this. He has never spent more than 5 hours at most in his cage and that would happen maybe twice a month, now with this change I will have to cage him at least 8 hours, 3 days a week when I go to work which again I am already so scared of and super nervous about

I know some of you are the same way, but since I rescued him I never took "vacation" or just been out all day b.c I would feel bad for leaving him and worried.

Now that I must work from the office I am so nervous as it will be something completely new for him.

For those of you that work from an office, or just in general leave your dude/gal caged daily as you go out for long hours- HOW DO YOU DO THIS
    I get up every morning like 4-5 hours before I have to be at work. I feed Tuff which gives me plenty of time for a shower and at least get mostly ready. I armor up for the play time and such lol and let him run it out for as long as I can. Now putting him in his cage so I can finish getting ready for work is a daunting task. I tell him I love him every chance I get while I am there. No absolutely it isn’t fair, no I don’t like it..so I work 45 minutes from work, I work 7-8 hour shifts. I come home I immediately go into momma mode. Feed my babies and let Tuff out again. He stays out until he wants to go to sleep. It’s not easy but I have to work and I have to be there.

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Buddy (03-03-2021), Chirps (03-03-2021), Rock Monkey (03-25-2021), Scooterzmom (03-03-2021)

OMG!! He is sooo cute!!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Buddy:

RamiS (03-03-2021), Rock Monkey (03-25-2021)

How could anyone not fall in love with a cute face like this?
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Buddy (03-04-2021), RamiS (03-03-2021)

Here is my setup, critter nation cage 3 units stacked but you could do 2 depending how high your ceiling is.
    They are in when I'm gone and when I put them to bed. During the time they are free to run I often find them in their cubes 😴😴 even wild squirrels take naps.
    Good luck, they do adjust 👍
    Name:  20210325_083905.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  118.1 KB
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Buddy (03-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    Here is my setup, critter nation cage 3 units stacked but you could do 2 depending how high your ceiling is.
    They are in when I'm gone and when I put them to bed. During the time they are free to run I often find them in their cubes 😴😴 even wild squirrels take naps.
    Good luck, they do adjust 👍
    That is an awesome set up.

Any chance you could take him to work with you?