Thread: Florida Baby in Need!

Post Florida Baby in Need!

Hi All,
    My husband found a baby boy 6 days ago on a road in the heat of the day around 3:30 pm. He was on his work break and walking his normal route for some sunshine when saw and heard him on the road. His little eyes were still sealed and he was making sounds of distress all by himself. It was a miracle he was out there, for as long as he presumably was, without one of the many cats around, doing him harm. Needing to return to work, Mr picked him up and brought him inside.
    He was crawling lethargically and seemed slender but was clearly alive. Sadly we didn't know to go look for the momma immediately or for his siblings. I have been doing loads of reading and searching online for authentic*, caring* rehab-ers in my area that can take him on and give him the care he needs. He I approx 5-6 weeks old and just opened both his eyes within 1.5 days of each other, maybe 3 days after he was found. I am trying to feed him, pee and poop him, clean him, play with him and keep him on my heating pad, but *I know* that he needs more than we can provide him with (we live in a small apartment, with a no pet policy, and while I see squirrels in the area and passing the through the compound, there are many feral cats that some apartment residents feed). He's a little fighter that we instantly cared for and just want the best possible chance for him to be able to get proper nutrition, possible squirrel companionship as he grows, and loving care with the aim of releasing him into a better area, where he has a good chance of survival and thriving squirrel existence.
    Kindly help us to give him such a chance by referring me to a trusted* rehabber in the Clearwater/Tampa/St. Petersburg/Dunedin/Largo area. The sooner the better. Thank you. Bless you!

Default Re: Florida Baby in Need!

If you have Facebook, there is a central Florida squirrel rescue group that you can post on and perhaps they can also help you.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/121844804652779

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to AnaMM from:

S. A. M. (02-15-2021)

I know of several rehabbers in that area. Reach out to Tina, she’s a licensed rehabber north of you in Hudson, but she has contacts in your area. Her number is 727-809-0916.

5. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Grinderhead (02-15-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), S. A. M. (02-15-2021), Spanky (02-15-2021), stepnstone (02-15-2021)

Red face Re: Florida Baby in Need!

Quote Originally Posted by AnaMM View Post
    If you have Facebook, there is a central Florida squirrel rescue group that you can post on and perhaps they can also help you.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/121844804652779
    Thank you for your prompt response. I do not currently have a Facebook (but I will make one to reach out if the lady referred below your post, isn't able to assist).

Red face Re: Florida Baby in Need!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I know of several rehabbers in that area. Reach out to Tina, she’s a licensed rehabber north of you in Hudson, but she has contacts in your area. Her number is 727-809-0916.
    Thank you so much for the referral! We texted her and she's currently responding. Hopefully were able to place this little guy in good hands, that can help
    Last edited by Bravo; 02-15-2021 at 09:22 PM.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to S. A. M.:

Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), stepnstone (02-15-2021)

Here’s another licensed rehabber in your general area. Shauna 863-934-2745. Please let me know if you need some other referrals. I’m on the other side of the state near Cocoa Beach if you can’t find anyone near you.

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), S. A. M. (02-15-2021)

Please let us know if you’ve made contact and found someone to take your little one.

12. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

CritterMom (02-15-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), S. A. M. (02-15-2021), stepnstone (02-15-2021)

Please let us know if you’ve made contact and found someone to take your little one.
    Tina got in touch with us after we reached out and she's found a lady by the name of Rhonda, willing to take the little in and raise him. She's going to be by tomorrow, God's willing, for him. Your help is much appreciated and hopefully the little guy is happy and grows to his full potential! 😊

14. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to S. A. M.:

Buddy (02-16-2021), CritterMom (02-15-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021)

Thank you, I’m glad someone is coming to collect him. Thank you for keeping him safe till then. Did Tina give you some guidance about keeping him warm and hydrated till Rhonda can get him?

16. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), S. A. M. (02-16-2021)

Thank you, I’m glad someone is coming to collect him. Thank you for keeping him safe till then. Did Tina give you some guidance about keeping him warm and hydrated till Rhonda can get him?
    Oh we have been keeping him on a heating pad since day 1, and he is feeding quite well, peeing, pooping, playing but mostly sleeps. He seems to be a happy and relatively healthy boy in our untrained opinion. We simply arent able to raise him to adulthood, as he deserves and we would feel a lot more comfortable having someone with experience and deep care, raise him and hopefully successfully release him. I wish I could easily share a video of the little guy and that we had taken pictures of him from day 1!

Quote Originally Posted by S. A. M. View Post
    Hi All,
    My husband found a baby boy 6 days ago on a road in the heat of the day around 3:30 pm. He was on his work break and walking his normal route for some sunshine when saw and heard him on the road. His little eyes were still sealed and he was making sounds of distress all by himself. It was a miracle he was out there, for as long as he presumably was, without one of the many cats around, doing him harm. Needing to return to work, Mr picked him up and brought him inside.
    He was crawling lethargically and seemed slender but was clearly alive. Sadly we didn't know to go look for the momma immediately or for his siblings. I have been doing loads of reading and searching online for authentic*, caring* rehab-ers in my area that can take him on and give him the care he needs. He I approx 5-6 weeks old and just opened both his eyes within 1.5 days of each other, maybe 3 days after he was found. I am trying to feed him, pee and poop him, clean him, play with him and keep him on my heating pad, but *I know* that he needs more than we can provide him with (we live in a small apartment, with a no pet policy, and while I see squirrels in the area and passing the through the compound, there are many feral cats that some apartment residents feed). He's a little fighter that we instantly cared for and just want the best possible chance for him to be able to get proper nutrition, possible squirrel companionship as he grows, and loving care with the aim of releasing him into a better area, where he has a good chance of survival and thriving squirrel existence.
    Kindly help us to give him such a chance by referring me to a trusted* rehabber in the Clearwater/Tampa/St. Petersburg/Dunedin/Largo area. The hisooner the better. Thank you. Bless you!
    hi, I live in Sarasota Fl and have rehabbed a baby squirrel that I just released, and would love to take care of him. Please call me and I can pick him up. My phone # is 941-993-8002. My name is Bev Albrecht Thanks!

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to albre999 from:

S. A. M. (02-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by albre999 View Post
    hi, I live in Sarasota Fl and have rehabbed a baby squirrel that I just released, and would love to take care of him. Please call me and I can pick him up. My phone # is 941-993-8002. My name is Bev Albrecht Thanks!
    Thank you for reaching out with an offer to take little guy in Bev! He has already been scheduled to go to a lady -who also sounds happy to carry on raising him- tomorrow, though.

Name:  IMG_20210216_004815.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  124.8 KB

Here's a quick pic of him as he sleeps.... He's just grown so much over the past few days. (now back to the heating pad for him)

22. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to S. A. M.:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Grinderhead (02-16-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), sundoesshine (02-16-2021)

Adorable! Thanks for helping him and keeping him safe!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Nancy in New York (02-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Adorable! Thanks for helping him and keeping him safe!
    He is, isn't he?! 🙂....my husband and I are going to miss him and seeing his development but we know we need to do what's best for him. Thank you all for this great platform that's constantly given us advice on how to foster these little guys.

26. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to S. A. M.:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Mel1959 (02-16-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021)

Thumbs up Re: Florida Baby in Need!

Kudos to your husband and to you for saving his life! Great job
    Adorable little one😍 they steal your heart at first sight 🥰
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

28. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Mel1959 (02-16-2021), Nancy in New York (02-16-2021), S. A. M. (02-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    Kudos to your husband and to you for saving his life! Great job
    Adorable little one😍 they steal your heart at first sight 🥰
    Thank you. They really do! 🙂

30. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to S. A. M.:

Buddy (02-16-2021), Mel1959 (02-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by S. A. M. View Post
    Thank you for reaching out with an offer to take little guy in Bev! He has already been scheduled to go to a lady -who also sounds happy to carry on raising him- tomorrow, though.
    Thanks for texting me back, if you find another little one in need, don’t hesitate to call. 🙏🐿💕