Thread: Too many vitamins???

Default Too many vitamins???

Ok so these 2 will be my first release this spring had them since the mom was killed by a hawk when they were little babies .
    And I have my NR who is 5 she is eating much better now and I have her diet pretty much under control now
    She gets 2 hhb picky and fresh veggies which she sticks her nose up at so I also make veggie balls and she nibbles at that.

As far as the 2 that are going to be slow released this spring i now am making the homemade blocks for them and they are finally eating them plus veggies and veggie balls and they all get plenty of outdoor food a d things to chew on but my question is can i give them too many vitamins?
    They eat 2 or 3 blocks each a day and still act hungry,
    I also have some teklad 2018 they will nibble on but it's not their favorite.

I got the recipe for the homemade blocks from Henry's because it would cost too much to buy all 3 Henry's
    So i am using the 1 single pack of vitamins from Henry's when I make the blocks which I am making about 2 batches a month. With the blocks and the veggies and all the other stuff is adding teklad too many vitamins even though they are not crazy about the teklad? Also would 4 homemade blocks be too much ? They always seem hungry .

Default Re: Too many vitamins???

They can have as much Teklad block as they want. They are not super loaded with vitamins in the same way Henrys are. Henrys are a supplemental block so they should only have 2-3 a day. If you’re not giving 3 I think you could.

Try grinding the Teklad block and mixing it with baby food, ground nuts and coconut oil. They might be more willing to eat this block that way then straight.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

bednarkim77 (02-11-2021)

Default Re: Too many vitamins???

Thank you. Also how do you all ensure that they get enough vitamin C if they are picky about fruit and veggies ?