Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A squirrel has adopted me

Default Re: A squirrel has adopted me

I am a germaphobe too but these days I worry more about squirrels getting COVID from people. Thousands of squirrels have been rescued by folks on the TSB, I can't think of a single case of anyone catching anything from a squirrel.

As long as there is recent rain or snow, water should not be in short supply so the water bowl is probably not needed. If you have a dry spell, maybe put out the water again.

Hopefully, the ivermectin will help and also with weather starting to get warmer, natural foods that are part of their diet will start appearing again. I just noticed that the tree in out front yard is starting to bud, hopefully this starts where you are too. Winter can be hard on smaller, fall babies but she has made it this far so maybe with your help, meds, and food she can hang in till spring comes along.

Do you have any rehabbers located near you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cstna View Post
    I gave her 3rd dose today. I do not have a squirrel cage and I doubt my husband would be on board with bringing her in. He is good with buying the foods and meds for her but he is worried about diseases. He's on the paranoid side when it comes to germs. I actually have been keeping a water bowl out but she rarely drinks from it and I bring it in and wash it daily. If you think I should stop I will. There is a tree across the street with a hole in it I kind of think at least a few of them live in it together. They may be passing it to each other that way.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Mel1959 (02-27-2021)

I can get the Valtrex not sure how much tho. I will have to order the other stuff. I can try my best with her untill about April early may and then we are moving. My neighbor feeds the squirrels too but not sure if shed be willing to go through the trouble to continue treatment. Is there a specific type of baytril I see some for dogs and cats and different strengths. Thank you all for all the advice.
    Let me know if you need additional Valtrex or Baytril. I have both and will send them to you. Send me a pm with your address.

Thank you for looking out for this little one. It breaks my heart to see them with this dreadful condition.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (03-02-2021), TubeDriver (02-27-2021)

Her eye is looking better and she seems more energetic. I do have the Valtrex if someone could let me know how to dose it. She doesn't seem interested in the avocado though. I'm gonna try coconut next.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Cstna from:

Buddy (03-02-2021)

Thanks a million for helping this beautiful little girl (and others)!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Cstna (03-03-2021)

Today my neighbor left a note on my door. The squirrel was also coming to her door trying to come in her house. Then it was following one of the stray cats she feeds. It wasn't scared of the cat. She did find the squirrel dead this morning in front of her cat igloo. I'm so heartbroken over it. The squirrel just want love from something. She says she will no longer feed the squirrels on her porch. I just thought I should let you guys know.

That’s heartbreaking. 😢 Did a cat get it or did it die from another cause? Pox will eventually kill them.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Cstna (03-13-2021)

I am so sorry your little friend did not make it. This world can be cruel and hard.

Thank you for showing this little one some caring and love.

Godspeed little squirrel, you were loved and will be missed.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Cstna (03-13-2021), sundoesshine (03-11-2021)

Today my neighbor left a note on my door. The squirrel was also coming to her door trying to come in her house. Then it was following one of the stray cats she feeds. It wasn't scared of the cat. She did find the squirrel dead this morning in front of her cat igloo. I'm so heartbroken over it. The squirrel just want love from something. She says she will no longer feed the squirrels on her porch. I just thought I should let you guys know.
    OMG that was a sock in the gut reading that. Thank you for caring for this poor dear.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

Cstna (03-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    That’s heartbreaking. 😢 Did a cat get it or did it die from another cause? Pox will eventually kill them.
    It seemed to be doing better but there were no signs of attack.

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Cstna from:

Mel1959 (03-14-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12