Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helen Took a Bad Fall

Default Re: Helen Took a Bad Fall

Still no improvement in appetite today. I may temporarily increase her nut quota just to get more calories in her and think I will try putting a little honey in her water.

I have heard her grinding on something in her bed and I thought, "What are you destroying now?" So, while she was out and about I checked and discovered that she was turning the shell of a hickory nut to dust. Not to eat it, just to chew on something. So, I think her teeth are probably okay. I will try to remember to check her incisors next time she yawns.

I watched her move about in the morning and she isn't weighting the hurt arm at all. She will use that arm when she is eating something.

She spent more time on me being petted than normal. I take this as a sign that she doesn't feel well. Usually, when I am petting her she is a little squirmy, something doesn't quite suit her and she will try to reposition. That has not been the case since she has been injured.

I would say that she spends and hour or two moving about in the morning and the rest of the day in bed.

I get the sense that it will take at least two weeks from date of the injury before she is back to normal.

Maybe you could make her a smoothie?? Adding in good things and ground up blocks?? Entice with coconut oil or something she might not be able to refuse. Maybe her mouth hurts??

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BCChins from:

Rock Monkey (02-06-2021)

I think we turned a corner today.

The amount she ate increased substantially, though not quite back to normal.

She is spending more time being active and moving quicker, though still much slower than normal.

She is even doing some parkour richochet jumps.

Her claws seem extra sharp, probably because they aren't being worn down at the rate they usually are. And my hands had almost started looking normal. Rather than scratches I am talking puncture wounds, which is a new level of sharpness. Soon she will be back to hanging inverted on my hands. Sigh.

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rock Monkey:

BCChins (02-06-2021), Buddy (02-06-2021), Chirps (02-09-2021)

Great to hear she is doing much better!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Helen continues to improve. Her appetite has picked up a little more and she is active more hours of the day.

As I watch her moving about, I see that she is still withholding weight from her left arm. She touches things lightly with the left. In its default position, she holds it limp.

She is getting more and more frisky, particularly when on the bed. She rolls about and darts about. She still uses the ramps and bridges.

I worry that her desire to get out of my room will increase in advance of her full healing and then things will be pretty stressful for both of us.

I believe that it will be at least another week before she is fully able.

There is a bunch of clouds and rain in the coming week's forecast, so that is just as well.

She is getting me up an hour before sunrise. I go back to sleep but my sleep quality is poor as I lay there listening to be sure she is trashing something.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rock Monkey:

Buddy (02-10-2021), JLM27 (02-12-2021)

Great to hear she is improving! Great job Helen!
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

"She is getting me up an hour before sunrise. I go back to sleep but my sleep quality is poor as I lay there listening to be sure she is trashing something."

HAHAHAHAHA this is SOOO true! It's like if Tinkerbelle is out and it's quiet, it's too quiet... what is she up to now? And I have to go looking.

So glad Helen is on the mend!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12