Thread: Two babies need help in the Villages, Fl!

Default Two babies need help in the Villages, Fl!

Just got a call from an old coworker at a bar I used to work at. Babies fell last night, and Momma has not been back to claim them. I told them to play some baby squirrel cries on their phones and see if any squirrels come to investigate while I try and figure out where they can go if no squirrel come back for them.

I am happy to transport. I'm in New Smyrna right now, but we're about to head back and I'm not doing anything the rest of the day. I'm going to scroll through the list of Fl rehabbers and see if there is anyone close by who can take them, but if someone knows of someone here first, awesome! I'm just trying to get them help as fast as possible.

"According to the powers that be,
    a squirrel can have as many lives as they think they can get away with."

Flyers boys: Chuck, Totoro, Appa, Frodo
    Flyer girls: Sen, Nim, Sansa, Arya
    Glaurung the Bearded Dragon
    Severus Snake the Western Hognose

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to ConkerChild from:

Buddy (01-25-2021)

Default Re: Two babies need help in the Villages, Fl!

Dr Emerson’s vet office in Port Orange takes in wildlife. 386-788-1550. Where are you normally located? I’m south of cocoa beach, if you’re near me, but I know of other rehabbers that are north of me in Titusville and Christmas.

Sorry, just saw that you posted The Villages. I’ll look and see if I know of anyone close to there.

Edit: I know of a rehabber in Clermont and one outside of Brooksville and a facility in Orlando south of the airport and north of Kissimmee, but no one closer.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Buddy (01-25-2021)

Thanks so much for the quick response! I drove back from the beach and then to collect them. I gave them each a CC of clear Pedialyte, and a warm rice buddy.

I'm meeting with a lady named Pam in Ocala around 9, when she gets off work. Other than a little dried blood around their noses and a swollen lip, they seem fine. They were eager to drink the Pedialyte! Poor things are pretty thin though. I think something definitely happened to mom. Really breaks my heart.

"According to the powers that be,
    a squirrel can have as many lives as they think they can get away with."

Flyers boys: Chuck, Totoro, Appa, Frodo
    Flyer girls: Sen, Nim, Sansa, Arya
    Glaurung the Bearded Dragon
    Severus Snake the Western Hognose

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to ConkerChild:

Buddy (01-25-2021), Mel1959 (01-26-2021)

Thank you for helping them. I’m glad you found someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ConkerChild View Post
    Just got a call from an old coworker at a bar I used to work at. Babies fell last night, and Momma has not been back to claim them. I told them to play some baby squirrel cries on their phones and see if any squirrels come to investigate while I try and figure out where they can go if no squirrel come back for them.

I am happy to transport. I'm in New Smyrna right now, but we're about to head back and I'm not doing anything the rest of the day. I'm going to scroll through the list of Fl rehabbers and see if there is anyone close by who can take them, but if someone knows of someone here first, awesome! I'm just trying to get them help as fast as possible.
    Hi, I know this is probably too late, but did you find someone to adopt or rehab the two babies that need help? I live in Sarasota, Fl and my little Squirrel Trixie escaped thru a small hole in my lanai. She hasn’t come back, and I miss her so much. Iwould love to take care of another one or two baby squirrels. Just let me know. Thanks!🐿🙂