Thread: Need Cipro dosage please

Default Need Cipro dosage please

Hi, I was a member several years ago and always got good advice and ideas from your website. I got out of the veterinarian field, and no longer had access to wildlife brought in by the public. Recently a friend of mine was asked if she knew anyone that could take a couple baby squirrels, and she called me. I was thrilled!! They are both female, I'd say 4 1/2 weeks old. Precious! They got exposed to damp towels and got cold overnight. One of them sounds wheezy, almost nasal sounding, no clicking but I'd rather be proactive than wait and see. I do have Cipro 500 mg tablets. She weighs 120 grams. Should I go ahead and start on Cipro? Could someone please give me dosing instructions?

Default Re: Need Cipro dosage please

You will need to get the dosing instructions from an Administrator.

In the meantime, keep her warm. All young squirrels need supplemental heat, even if they have a sibling. Normally this supplemental heat would come from their mother.

Usually a non-auto off heating pad is put under half of the container in which they are in. You can also snuggle with her, placing her upright, in between layers of clothing. This will also lift her spirits, feeling your heartbeat.

Awwww, thank you! Yes, she and her sibling are comfortable with lots of towels and soft flannel, in a large tupperware type container. It has a stay on heating pad underneath. She doesn't seem to be in distress, and is well hydrated. I'll be listening out for an administrator!

Be on the look out for any signs of respiratory distress. For a healthy squirrel breathing is a quiet, unremarkable affair. Looks for fever or chills or any loss of appetite or sneezing.

If you are really worried you might keep her on your person so you can monitor her constantly.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Patty (01-20-2021)

The upright posture helps them breathe if there is any fluid in the lungs.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Patty (01-20-2021)

I sent the dosing instructions in a PM.

Symptoms of AP are clicking with each breath, lethargy and loss of appetite.

9. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Mel1959 (01-21-2021), Nancy in New York (01-21-2021), stepnstone (01-20-2021)

Cool Re: Need Cipro dosage please

Thank you for all the help, Rock Monkey and Spanky! You guys are wonderful.