Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed Unstable after seizure/stoke.

Default Help Needed Unstable after seizure/stoke.

My little guy had a massive stroke or seizure and now is unstable and wobbles around. It seems like he lost his balance. He did throw up a bit and and doesn't want to eat. He is also making little cries. Not sure what to do.

Default Re: Help Needed Unstable after seizure/stoke.

Right this minute, get something sweet into him. You can use sugar, any kind of syrup, thinned out jelly, etc. You can just get some table sugar into his mouth if you need to. The seizures can really mess with blood sugar. Make sure he is hydrated - needs to drink, too. Use a syringe if you have to.

Then come back and tell us his diet. How old is he, etc.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

nixnix (01-08-2021), stepnstone (01-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Right this minute, get something sweet into him. You can use sugar, any kind of syrup, thinned out jelly, etc. You can just get some table sugar into his mouth if you need to. The seizures can really mess with blood sugar. Make sure he is hydrated - needs to drink, too. Use a syringe if you have to.

Then come back and tell us his diet. How old is he, etc.
    Just gave him some deluted syrup and some water by syringe.

He is a little over 4 years old, he is blind and has always had small seizures. He has some type of neurological issue, he was found at 2 weeks old and fell out of the tree or was kicked out by the mom. He fell what looks like 8 -10 feet. He constantly licks his paws before he eats or gets excited. He has always had a slight head tilt.

I feed him 2 Henrys blocks a day and give him a mix of veggies every day.

Small piece of Walnut or pecan daily after he has eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by nixnix View Post
    Just gave him some deluted syrup and some water by syringe.

He is a little over 4 years old, he is blind and has always had small seizures. He has some type of neurological issue, he was found at 2 weeks old and fell out of the tree or was kicked out by the mom. He fell what looks like 8 -10 feet. He constantly licks his paws before he eats or gets excited. He has always had a slight head tilt.
    I feed him 2 Henrys blocks a day and give him a mix of veggies every day.
    Small piece of Walnut or pecan daily after he has eaten.

Gabapentin helps to stabilize neuro behavior and minimize seizure activity in neurological squirrels.
    Giving at least an Almond a day can significantly reduce or eliminate recurring seizure activity,
    this is credited to the magnesium in almonds.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

CritterMom (01-04-2021), Judi (01-16-2021), nixnix (01-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post

Gabapentin helps to stabilize neuro behavior and minimize seizure activity in neurological squirrels.
    Giving at least an Almond a day can significantly reduce or eliminate recurring seizure activity,
    this is credited to the magnesium in almonds.
    Where can I get the Gabapentin? I will get some almonds today. Thanks

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to nixnix from:

Judi (01-06-2021)

Gabapentin requires a Rx. You might call around to family and friends and see if anyone might have some.

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

nixnix (01-08-2021)

It is prescribed to humans AND to pets so you have a pretty good number of folks that may have some out there.

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

nixnix (01-08-2021)

May i jump in and suggest you get your baby CBD FULL SPECTRUM about 2 drops 2x a day straigt out the bottle.. It is highly effective on minimizing if not stopping seizures. Stopped my girls seizures over night. Plus it restores homeostasis to the body removing inflammation up to 70% more than any artifical rx. Good daily regime to adopt.

I used Whole Tree 500mg strength full spectrum. Zero pesticides, ISO lab certified and 3rd party tested. There are several to choose from but do NOT grab a bottle from the gas station.. I can help you find some. Also, avoid cbd with artificial terpenes/flavors like peppermint or avocado oil.

You cannot overdose on cbd... if anything he'll be more relaxed. All mammals generate their own cannabinoids.. cbd does not cross the blood brain barrier. Your baby will not get high from this.. .

14. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Judi:

Jeltje (01-18-2021), nixnix (01-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    May i jump in and suggest you get your baby CBD FULL SPECTRUM about 2 drops 2x a day straigt out the bottle.. It is highly effective on minimizing if not stopping seizures. Stopped my girls seizures over night. Plus it restores homeostasis to the body removing inflammation up to 70% more than any artifical rx. Good daily regime to adopt.

I used Whole Tree 500mg strength full spectrum. Zero pesticides, ISO lab certified and 3rd party tested. There are several to choose from but do NOT grab a bottle from the gas station.. I can help you find some. Also, avoid cbd with artificial terpenes/flavors like peppermint or avocado oil.

You cannot overdose on cbd... if anything he'll be more relaxed. All mammals generate their own cannabinoids.. cbd does not cross the blood brain barrier. Your baby will not get high from this.. .
    Do you have any pictures of the CBD you use?

Just wanted to add , I have an 8 yo squirrel who was on phenobarbital most of her life. I slowing have been weening her off adding CBD oil. She use to get grand mal seizure, she is doing great and seizure free.
    I totally recommend CBD oil, and like Judi suggests make sure your getting a good product. Grown, processed in USA 👍

I also had another squirrel 'Little Girl' who had seizures regularly, I didn't know about CBD then so I gave her Calcium Glubionate Oral Syrup, or if I didnt have that molasses just on her lips to prevent choking. It brought her right out of her seizure.
    With that said I really believe CBD prevents seizures, and in time they get less and less or possibly stop completely.

Hope this helps
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

17. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

Diggie's Friend (06-01-2022), Jeltje (01-18-2021), Judi (01-07-2021), nixnix (01-08-2021)

Looks like it is this: https://www.wholetreecbd.com/shop1#!...egory=34549111

Don't get the peppermint! Rodents don't like mint.

19. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Judi (01-16-2021), Nancy in New York (01-08-2021), nixnix (01-08-2021)

nixnix, you have some of our best and brightest helping you here so I won't comment except to say that 4 raw almonds per day helped my seizure squirrel immensely -- she went from 4 seizures per week to one every couple of months. Definitely add the almonds. Also, bless you for giving this blind, neuro baby a home! Not many humans on this earth would do so, nor would they be so devoted to giving him everything he needs. Good to have you with us.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

21. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Jeltje (01-18-2021), Nancy in New York (01-08-2021), nixnix (01-08-2021), stepnstone (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    nixnix, you have some of our best and brightest helping you here so I won't comment except to say that 4 raw almonds per day helped my seizure squirrel immensely -- she went from 4 seizures per week to one every couple of months. Definitely add the almonds. Also, bless you for giving this blind, neuro baby a home! Not many humans on this earth would do so, nor would they be so devoted to giving him everything he needs. Good to have you with us.
    Yes I also give the almonds 👍
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

*Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Nancy in New York (01-08-2021)

https://www.wholetreecbd.com/shop1#!...egory=34549111

Natural flavor. 2 drops. Straight out of the bottle no diluting needed. Honestly the pet cbd is a marketing gimmick. Usually in lower strength at higher doses to sell more. Cbd is cbd no matter how you look at it.. don't pay more because it 'says' is for pets. Im in the business and we stored carrying the pet products because it was extortion for the same dam product humans use.

Thank you for backing me up on this. I can't stress enough to people how healthy these cannabinoids are for the body on a daily basis. With genetics and processed foods chemicals in the environment and water our natural defenses are constantly under attack over working our system to maintain homeostasis (balance in organ, neuro, hormonal function) when you remove inflammation the body heals dramatically.. including arthritis disease cancer infection..everything)

I'm currently carrying for a dwarf and started him immediately on cbd a 1x a day at night so he can build a tolerance. Then I will do morning and night. Really want to prevent seizures for this little guy before they start. Dwarfs are prone to this and it would break my heart to let him suffer. Boo Boo is apx 11wks old

Name:  20210101_183602.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  83.1 KB

26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Judi from:

Nancy in New York (01-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Thank you for backing me up on this. I can't stress enough to people how healthy these cannabinoids are for the body on a daily basis. With genetics and processed foods chemicals in the environment and water our natural defenses are constantly under attack over working our system to maintain homeostasis (balance in organ, neuro, hormonal function) when you remove inflammation the body heals dramatically.. including arthritis disease cancer infection..everything)

I'm currently carrying for a dwarf and started him immediately on cbd a 1x a day at night so he can build a tolerance. Then I will do morning and night. Really want to prevent seizures for this little guy before they start. Dwarfs are prone to this and it would break my heart to let him suffer. Boo Boo is apx 11wks old

Name:  20210101_183602.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  83.1 KB
    I actually started using CBD cream for arthritis in my foot almost 3 years ago. I was having cortisone shots in order to walk ( I hated the thought of taking steroid shots which were only a bandaid and never lasted long, but it was that or I would have to hop )
    Found a CBD store and started on the cream, then later also used the oil. I had trigger finger as well and could not make a fist for years, to my surprise rubbing the CBD cream on my foot cured my finger!
    I'll be using it for life, and so will my sweet now non- seizure baby🤗

Boo Boo is adorable 😍

28. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

BCChins (01-08-2021), Judi (01-08-2021), Mel1959 (01-08-2021)

Also forgot to add, my foot stays pain free as long as I use the CBD cream daily which I will always do. This stuff is amazing 🤗

30. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

Judi (01-08-2021)

We've been indoctrinated to pay big pharma to for their products for decades.. Voila they're billionaires overnight. In fact, they even provide the side effects that sell even more pills.. people buy the sales pitch and end up paying for the lifetime prescription subscription as planned.
    people need to start waking up...

For example MMS has over 2million testimonials on how ppl beat stage 4 cancer, diseases, parasites even covid, flu HIV RA, etc.. it is illegal to sell it and fda will burn the lab to the ground and assassinate your career.. go figure but it is used to purify drinking water every day lol. All it is an oxidative mineral that increases the bodys PH killing all bad bacteria pathogens & parasites leaving the good behind to thrive. People use for pets and have turned their lives around 360. I take it weekly.
    Mushrooms... the reason our rainforest and all surrounding life thrives is because of fungus. It gives life, protection, heals and promotes growth, fights disease parasites etc.... look into that. Reishi mushroom is the king of all superfoods and just 1/4 tsp a day will work wonders on the body. I take 3 varieties in a quick spirulina drink mix..
    Psilocybin mushrooms fixes the brain (like magic), reboots the mind and dumps the cache of baggage, resentments, fear, pain, esteem... all the years of collective dysfunctional junk residing in our minds that we use to make more dysfunctional decisions in our life..round and round we go..then Big pharma to the rescue with anti depressants, tranquilizers... all things that tamper with out serotonin and homeostasis. Hell even big tobacco uses antidepressants in cigarettes its called MAIOs. You wonder why smoking is hard to quit? �� Then here comes vaping invented by the smoker that's proven 99% safer and you do quit.. they dump millions into lies, smoke screens and mis information so you keep buying smokes and then pay big pharma to get better when sick. Brilliant but ruthless business plan. What a joke. They even pay all 50 state govt 2x EVERY year millions called MSA agreement. Vaping crushed tobacco sales..voila Vaping bans, flavor bans, bull**** non proven lung injury claims. It is the bane of my career.

Amazing how a little research pulls you out of the big corp matrix. Took me awhile but I get it now.
    Sorry for the rant... No not sorry

Charlie Chuckles "Also forgot to add, my foot stays pain free as long as I use the CBD cream daily which I will always do. This stuff is amazing 🤗"

Is there a particular one you use? Would you mind sharing it? I have Psoriatic Arthritis and my feet are the worst and I too have trigger finger in both middle fingers. It is awesome when I am at work and they lock....the injections only last temporality as you said. Relief would be fantastic. I have what I call sausage toes aka it feels like my toes are 50% bigger then they are.
    I have tried one kind but it did not do much but I don't think it was very strong.

Thank You

Update on Scump D, he is getting better. He a bit more active and started eating more and I leave almonds for him. He is eating the blocks again and moving around the cage more. He still has some balance issues and wants to sleep more than normal. I did find a vet in the area that will see squirrels but may hold off and try the CBD oil that was recommended by Judi. They did say a blood work would help determine whats going on inside so I may consider taking him in sometime soon. I did manage to get some 300 mg Gabapentin and wanted to know if I should give him some or try the CBD first. Thanks everyone for your input, it has been helpful.

You guys came to my rescue three years ago when he had a bladder infection. I received the medication and dosage from the great members in this group.

34. Serious fuzzy thank you's to nixnix from:

Judi (01-16-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast