Thread: Question/help with Bunchers who seems to have something going on with his teeth/nose

Exclamation Question/help with Bunchers who seems to have something going on with his teeth/nose

Recently I had noticed Bunch wiping his chin more often, at first I thought nothing of it
    Then I noticed he sounded a bit nasilly, congested...again I thought well I had not vacuumed his room as often as normal maybe from the dust... then I noticed he was cleaning his nose area more often, so I started to pay closer attention as all on there own means nothing all together became concerning
    I was watching him eat & noticed some food getting stuck between his top tooth & lip ....this I have never seen....so I got to reading and I’m leaning towards something wrong with his teeth .... honestly to me neither of his teeth looked to long, so I looked a bit harder & deeper with his top tooth & was able to get a few photos-not great- I plan to get better ones
    But it almost looks as if his top tooth cracked maybe?? Is this possible and has developed an infection or upper respiratory because of it?? He is still eating fine and only odd behavior is the wiping his chin , cleaning nose and I hear him breathing, it’s not wheezing or anything like that he just sounds kinda congested... please help he cannot go to a vet I’m on my own, but Bunchers is an amazing boy & I can do whatever I need to with him and he lets me stick my fingers in his mouth and everything
    Oh I also noticed his left eye seems to be slightly watery occasionally it has been shut and I’ve had to wipe with a warm cloth and put some terrimycin on it same side as the possible split
    Again any ideas or am I on the right path & antibiotic needed what kind
    I need a weight on him so I will grab that post the pics I got and get some better ones
    Thank you in advance I don’t want anything happening to my little boy!!
    Liz

Default Re: Question/help with Bunchers who seems to have something going on with his teeth/n

How old is Bunch? If he’s older I always get concerned when I hear about eye, nose and teeth concerns because odontomas are known to cause problems with sinuses and eyes as they grow. Do you see any white tears in his eyes? Are his upper teeth visible and do they seem to be the appropriate length?

Let us know what antibiotics you have or can locate.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Buddy (12-27-2020)

Default Re: Question/help with Bunchers who seems to have something going on with his teeth/n

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    How old is Bunch? If he’s older I always get concerned when I hear about eye, nose and teeth concerns because odontomas are known to cause problems with sinuses and eyes as they grow. Do you see any white tears in his eyes? Are his upper teeth visible and do they seem to be the appropriate length?

Let us know what antibiotics you have or can locate.
    Bunch is about 6-7 years old I had him since he was a baby.... i have never seen white tears, I’ve seen that eye tear a bit nothing white in color at all ...I noticed tonight I smell infection!!!!! So I’m so worried now because an infection can kill him , I don’t have my license yet so as I said I’m on my own! The only antibiotic I would be able to get would be something I can get over the counter so to speak, I have many of the fish flex from kv my guess baytril... clavamox would be best for this and I don’t have that, I believe you can get a form of baytril over the counter for birds
    Please help I’m so worried about him I don’t want to lose him to infection !!!
    Liz

Fish flox is Ciprofloxacin

Fish flex is Cephalexin, we need to know the milligrams to properly dose?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Chirps (12-31-2020)

Exclamation Re: Question/help with Bunchers who seems to have something going on with his teeth/n

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Fish flox is Ciprofloxacin

Fish flex is Cephalexin, we need to know the milligrams to properly dose?
    I have the 250mg cephalexin capsules

Quote Originally Posted by LilLulu View Post
    I have the 250mg cephalexin capsules

I can dose this but meds are dosed by weight, I will need the weight on your baby.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

Exclamation Re: Question/help with Bunchers who seems to have something going on with his teeth/n

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post

I can dose this but meds are dosed by weight, I will need the weight on your baby.
    I just weighed him and it said
    961 grams
    I have no idea how much that is but he is a good size boy
    Thank you so much
    Please pm me or whatever with instructions

Quote Originally Posted by LilLulu View Post
    I just weighed him and it said 961 grams
    I have no idea how much that is but he is a good size boy
    Thank you so much
    Please pm me or whatever with instructions
    Yeah, I'd have to say at two+ pounds he definitely is a "good size boy."
    Pm sent with dosing...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Mel1959 (01-01-2021)

Name:  O.13.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  6.9 KB
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed