Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Squirrel with mange is struggling

Default Re: Squirrel with mange is struggling

Thank you for your responses! This prompted me to get off my butt and order up the NutriFeron.

I looked at the posts on dosing NutriFeron. I'm not able to reliably get her to drink water I put out, so I'll have to come up with another way to dose her. Any suggestions for dosing her with NutriFeron on a nut? I could dip in peanut butter and then in the NutriFeron, but how much NutriFeron on the nut should I shoot for?

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geri View Post
    Thank you for your responses! This prompted me to get off my butt and order up the NutriFeron.

I looked at the posts on dosing NutriFeron. I'm not able to reliably get her to drink water I put out, so I'll have to come up with another way to dose her. Any suggestions for dosing her with NutriFeron on a nut? I could dip in peanut butter and then in the NutriFeron, but how much NutriFeron on the nut should I shoot for?

Thank you!!!
    I mixed one NutriFeron tablet with 40mls warm water, then smooshed like crazy -- those tablets don't dissolve easily. After that I would dose my pox kids twice a day with 0.04 of the NutriFeron liquid. You could put that on a half walnut or piece of avocade. I also used grapes: scoop out a hole in the top with a sharp fork or knife and 'inject' the grape with the med. I had a cocktail every day made up for each of them -- three got Nutiferon and Acyclovir twice a day, the third got Nutriferon, Acyclovir AND SMZ-TMP because he had pox in his eye (horrific).
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Geri (05-14-2021), sundoesshine (05-15-2021)

Thank you for the dosing instructions. The NutriFeron I ordered is "caplets", so I don't know if that's the same as the tablets you use. 40 ml appears to be just a little less than 3 tablespoons of water. But I don't have a concept of how I would dose out .04 of that. How critical is the dosing? I don't want the cure to be worse than the disease :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234